Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SampleStrategyPlot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SampleStrategyPlot

My first attempt using indicator to plot data from a strategy running from Playback connection. As a test, downloaded and installed SampleStrategyPlot NT8.zip from ...helpGuides/NT8/samples. Created new chart ES 09-19 with one minute bars. From chart opened SampleStrategyPlot, SamplePanelPlot and SampleOverlayPlot. Confirmed all were loaded. Launched Playback connection. Error messages logged for bothSamplePanelPlot and SampleOverlayPlot state "Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." What have I missed?
    Last edited by jvanelli; 08-04-2019, 07:53 AM.

Hello jvanelli,

It might be due to no historical data on the chart.

Try playing the playback for a few bars and then enable the sample.

I'll look into creating a check for this to ensure the error does not appear and have it re-loaded if this is possible.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That works. The strategy launches the indicators when enabled, et voila. As usual, I was trying to put the cart before the horse here. Thanks.

Comment

Hello jvanelli,

I tested SampleStrategyPlot on a blank chart while connected to Playback but I was not able to reproduce this error.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? (Help -> About)
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To best of my recollection, I was loading and enabling the strategy prior to making the Playback connection, but with chart displayed and stationary (prior historical data). Now I think it should not even have been possible to launch the strategy without the Playback connection (i.e. no target account). So I am still confused but not pursuing it further because short odds are that I had something else botched, as I was trying things in too rapid succession. I was also switching back and forth between Playback and Continuum during the process, so it's even possible that I had the strategy enabled on Sim101 and did not realize. What I do know is that after your initial reply, I loaded the same chart, made sure the strategy was disabled, then started Playback, selected the appropriate account and after about five bars launched the strategy. It worked as expected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post samish18