Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Lifetime Key Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime Key Limits

My Strategy (In Playback) has a requirement for 20 bars to trade. In the Data Series of my chart I have 'Load data based on: Bars' and 'Bars to Load: 30'. That should give me plenty of bars for the strategy to kick in without error. But I get an error and the Chart has no bars on it.

As soon as I enter my Lifetime Key however, I now have 30 bars on my screen. What gives?

Also the option of 'Reload All Historical Data' which was greyed out with the Demo version reappears after I insert the key.

After I insert the key my strategy runs fine. I remove the key and use the original SIM Demo key and the strategy fails. I'm not using anything volumetric in my strategy.

Am I not allowed to work with 'Bars to Load' with a SIM Key (In Playback)? I don't care to use it in Live.

Hello Bluebeep,

Thanks for your post.

The simulation key provides the same functionality as the Lifetime key with the two exceptions of Live account trading and Order Flow indicators, so there would be no differences regarding the use of Playback. Yes, you can work with 'Bars to Load' with a SIM Key (In Playback).

After switching license keys, you may want to restart NinjaTrader.

After restarting, when you connect with the simulation key to the playback and your chart with 30 bars to load, is the Playback controller grayed out and/or does the chart show the words "loading..." at the top left?

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_PaulH,

Thanks for reaching out. I removed the key and restarted NinjaTrader and no bars loaded during playback. I put the key back in and the bars are back after restarting NinjaTrader.

The Playback Controller works just fine in both the SIM and Lifetime Key versions.

When I have the Lifetime Key version the 'Loading...' message shows up when I hit play on the Playback Controller. As soon as I remove the key the 'Loading...' message doesn't show up.

I make sure to restart NinjaTrader each time after inserting the Lifetime Key or changing to the SIM Key.

I have even tried completely uninstalling NinjaTrader making sure to remove the relevant folders in Documents and in Program Files (x86). After a complete reinstall of NinjaTrader the effect is exactly the same.

I'm running NinjaTrader v8.0.18.1 64-bit

Comment

Hello Bluebeep,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send your log and trace data in for review. Mark the e-mail Atten;Paul and please include a link to this thread for reference.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, sent...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888
          by DJ888