Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limit Order Using Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Order Using Wizard

I would like my profit target to read as limit order plus 1 tick. I don't see an option for limit orders on profit target entry. Does that mean I need to code it directly into the strategy? Thanks.

Hello JerryA,

If you are using the strategy builder you could use the Stops and Targets page to create a Profit target. For example if you were to EnterLong the profit target from the builder is submitted as a sell limit order. If you entered short, it would be a buy limit.

You can view the order type that was submitted by using the Control Center orders tab.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello JerryA,

If you are using the strategy builder you could use the Stops and Targets page to create a Profit target. For example if you were to EnterLong the profit target from the builder is submitted as a sell limit order. If you entered short, it would be a buy limit.

You can view the order type that was submitted by using the Control Center orders tab.

There's no option for a limit order in the Wizard - that's my question. There's only an option for profit target with a market order. Can you point me to where the limit order option is? Thanks

Comment

Hello JerryA,

There's no option for a limit order in the Wizard - that's my question
        There are a few options for Limit orders in the builder, however you asked about a profit target so this is why I suggested the Stops and Targets page. In that page it is listed a "Profit Target" but this submits a limit order, you need to look in the Orders tab of the control center after it is submitted to see the order type.

If you otherwise want to just submit a limit order, you need to select one of the orders which is a limit order. This would be done as an Action in one of your sets. These are named with "Limit" in the name, for example: "Enter long by a Limit order", it depends on what action you wanted to complete and that will determine how it is named.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - was able to work with that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post mattbsea