Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ehenrecordticks NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehenrecordticks NT8

Hi, I'm runing IB Gateway+ Ehenrecordticks(link below) to record historical tick data at NT7. Now i'm testing NT8 is there a better method to record tick data without keep all the charts window opening? Can somebody kindly help to convert this addon to NT8 version? Much appreciated!

MultiInstrument-Strategy to record Ticksdata to history. No more 100 open Charts etc. to record tickdata! Import as strategy, change the code for own instruments. As standard, all instruments are in the code entered for MBT Spot-FX.

Hello Netrix,

The provided script could be recreated in NT8 to achieve the same goal. You can either convert this script or create a new one using the strategy builder.

Using the builder you can use the additional data tab to add multiple instruments in the same way as the linked strategy.

If you otherwise wanted to manually convert it, you can find a sample of AddDataSeries which replaced Add here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=adddata

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse, would you mind to convert it for when you have a chance? i tired the strategy build but not sure what i'm doing. ;( thank you

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello Netrix,

The provided script could be recreated in NT8 to achieve the same goal. You can either convert this script or create a new one using the strategy builder.

Using the builder you can use the additional data tab to add multiple instruments in the same way as the linked strategy.

If you otherwise wanted to manually convert it, you can find a sample of AddDataSeries which replaced Add here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=adddata

Comment

Hello Netrix,

Were you trying to use specifically the same instruments as the other script or did you want to customize this? It looks like the author of that script intended you to go in and edit the file before use.

It would likely be in your interest to use the strategy builder to do this yourself so that you can continually customize this as needed.

You can use the following steps to recreate this strategy:
        1. From the control center, click New -> Strategy Builder
        2. Click next and then give the strategy a name
        3. On the left, click "Additional Data"
        Repeat the following for each instrument you wanted to record:
        1. Click Add
        2. Type in or search for the instrument
        3. Click OK
        • After adding all of the instruments, click Compile
        You can now apply this strategy to a chart or the control center to request the instruments.

Comment

Great! there are 3 option for ‘Price based on’ Ask, Bid, Last. do i have to add them 3 times or just Last?Any indicators would require ASK/BID data? Volume delta?

Hello Netrix,

Were you trying to use specifically the same instruments as the other script or did you want to customize this? It looks like the author of that script intended you to go in and edit the file before use.

It would likely be in your interest to use the strategy builder to do this yourself so that you can continually customize this as needed.

You can use the following steps to recreate this strategy:
          1. From the control center, click New -> Strategy Builder
          2. Click next and then give the strategy a name
          3. On the left, click "Additional Data"
          Repeat the following for each instrument you wanted to record:
          1. Click Add
          2. Type in or search for the instrument
          3. Click OK
          • After adding all of the instruments, click Compile
          You can now apply this strategy to a chart or the control center to request the instruments.

Comment

Hello Netrix,

To match the other script it would just be Last. You can optionally add other data if required, but you just need to add Last to match the other item.

There are indicators which use ask or bid data however I am unaware of a specific item that adds them as a secondary series. This would depend on the items you use if you need the ask/bid data saved as well. Most items work using last data, and some work using realtime ask/bid data. There are no items included with the platform which add secondary series of ask/bid so it is likely safe to exclude these unless you have a specific reason to record them. I would suggest reviewing the indicators you use to judge if you will need this data or not.

Comment

Hi Jesse, followed the steps you provided. But the enable button at Strategy window is greyed out. any ideas?

Hello Netrix,

To match the other script it would just be Last. You can optionally add other data if required, but you just need to add Last to match the other item.

There are indicators which use ask or bid data however I am unaware of a specific item that adds them as a secondary series. This would depend on the items you use if you need the ask/bid data saved as well. Most items work using last data, and some work using realtime ask/bid data. There are no items included with the platform which add secondary series of ask/bid so it is likely safe to exclude these unless you have a specific reason to record them. I would suggest reviewing the indicators you use to judge if you will need this data or not.

Comment

Hello Netrix,

The enable button should only be gray if you are not connected or the account being used is not an account for that connection. Did you connect to your data provider before applying the strategy? You should be able to use the Sim101 account for this strategy and would need to be connected.

Comment

Hi Jessie, something seems went wrong. I enabled the strategy. hour later i check the result. No ticks history at all. Thoughts?
                  Hello Netrix,

The enable button should only be gray if you are not connected or the account being used is not an account for that connection. Did you connect to your data provider before applying the strategy? You should be able to use the Sim101 account for this strategy and would need to be connected.

Comment

Hello Netrix,

Have you enabled the option to record historical data? Tools -> Options -> Market Data -> Record data for historical (very last option). This was required in NT7 as well, I should have mentioned this earlier.

I tried this on my end and see that the data was collected after enabling the strategy. I let it run and also see it collecting data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                    15 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post xiinteractive  
                    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes