Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer Log tab mouse hover popup data errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Log tab mouse hover popup data errors

Often, I get incorrect data appearing in the popup that appears when hovering over entries in the Log tab. Sometimes it is correct... but as shown in the attached image, many times it shows data that is simply not related to the row the mouse pointer is on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strategy Log Hover.png
Views:	327
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1068172

I have many (hundreds) of analyzer results... if it matters.
    8.0.18.1 installed... but this behaviour has been there for the last several versions at least.
    Cheers,

Hello tgn55,

Are you able to reproduce this behavior using the Sample MA crossover strategy included with NinjaTrader?

If so, so that I may reproduce on my end, what parameters were used for the test?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Chelsea, the attached two pics show the bogus results.

To be honest, some of the several Sample SMA rows display correctly, ie a box with just 10 Fast/25 Slow
      But the incorrect data occurs both when:

a) when hovering over Sample SMA, it sometimes shows my strategy data...

Name:	Strategy Log Hover SampleSMA 1.png
Views:	312
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1068329
      and
      b) when hovering over my strategy... it sometimes shows the Sample SMA data

Name:	Strategy Log Hover SampleSMA 2.png
Views:	310
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1068330
      There is no obvious pattern to it... at first I wondered if it was just showing the data for the previous (or next) row, for example, but that's not the case. Sometimes it will show results for a run that is so far removed it is not even on screen... so, yeah... pretty out of synch!

Hope that is enough to raise a ticket... unless you have a solution ;-)
      Regards,
      Trevor.

Comment

Hello Trevor,

I need to reproduce the behavior on my end so that I may report.

To confirm, this is a Backtest and not an optimization.

Does this only occurs when testing multiple strategy types?

If you clear the logs and run a few backtests using only the Sample MA crossover are you able to reproduce the behavior?

Comment

Chelsea, I noticed over the weekend, this issue is NOT only occurring in the log /history display... even in the SA results pane... see latest attachment. Sample MA CrossOver walk-forward test.

Now... I may have a handle on the cause of this. In getting my screengrab, I had an instance showing incorrect data... but there were more results not visible, as the pane was too small. So I dragged the bottom down so all rows were visible... and the previous error row now displayed correctly!

It seems it may only bight if the scrollbar is active, ie, more rows of data that the pane has rows. In fact, I can induce new errors by messing with the scrollbar. All this in the top pane... not the log/history pane.

That said, I suspect the same bug may be causing my original issue... as I have MANY rows of history... ie the scrollbar is well and truly required ;-)
          Hopefully, fixing the logic in the main results pane will also address my initial problem.

I have not cleared my history as I still have many results I need to retain... but hopefully you can reproduce the SampleSMA thing... just ensure you generate enough periods of data to exceed the number of rows viewable... in short... force the scrollbar to be active.

Name:	Strategy Analyzer Hover SampleSMA 3.png
Views:	335
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1068535
          And here is another case... not even walk forward, just a plain old optimisation...

Name:	Strategy Analyzer Hover SampleSMA 4.png
Views:	390
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1068536
          Hope that helps,
          Trevor
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Trevor,

Thanks for confirming this is occurring when running regular optimizations and that it may have something to do with the size of the log area.

I played around with this and I was able to reproduce.

I'm reporting to our development. Once I have a tracking ID for this I will post in this thread so we may confirm the issue is corrected in a future release.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea...but please note and include in your ticket that it is not only the logging area that exhibits the problem... it also happens in the top pane with a plain old optimisation. Both panes show the same kind of aberrant behaviour when their respective scrollbars are used.

Comment

Hello Trevor,

I've received tracking ID# NTEIGHT-13976 for this behavior with the tooltip showing incorrectly.

As new releases of NinjaTrader 8 become available please check the release notes for this ID.

Once the ID is listed, please update NinjaTrader and confirm the behavior is corrected.

Comment

Confirming this appears fixed in 8.0.20... thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post chbruno
                  by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes