Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

F5 Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F5 Refresh

I have a custom popup form where pass in the strategy and I enter data to set properties on a strategy. The form changes the properties and the first time I hit F5 the strategy runs using the new values. If I make a second change with the form and hit F5, it seems like my form is tied to an older version of the strategy. The values are no longer synced up. Is there something about F5 that reinitializes the strategy? Thanks.

Hello thomaspartyof10,

If you are talking about a chart F5 is the reload NinjaScript command, that should reload your strategy.

Without more specific details on the code used/area of the platform being used/what window F5 was pressed in I really couldn't guess what may be happening there.

If you are pressing F5 from the chart, it would be expected to reload your strategy which would cause it to recalculate/regenerate your window depending on how you coded it.

Is there a reason you are pressing F5 at all? Is this setting change required for historical bars and the strategy needs to reprocess?

If you are unable to find a solution and can create a very simple example demonstrating the problem we can take a look at that together to see if any other ideas come up.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I figured it out. The user control was on a separate thread so it was tied to the old strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh