Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawDown during open position too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawDown during open position too

Code:
    SystemPerformance.AllTrades.TradesPerformance.Currency.DrawDown
    returns the changed DD value only after trade is closed.
    However, how can we get the DD (which is changed on each bar) during the opened position too? I've tried to use:
    Code:
    SystemPerformance.AllTrades.TradesPerformance.Currency.DrawDown  + Position.GetUnrealizedProfitLoss(PerformanceUnit.Currency, Close[0])
    but that is not accurate as P/L is different thing that DD.

So, is there anything like "UnrealizedDD" or like that to return the every-bar updated value during open position too?

seems already reported - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ximum-drawdown

but no solution yet.

Comment

Hello TazoTodua, thanks for your post.

SFT-1543 is still an open feature request, I will add a vote to this feature.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ChrisL, thanks, but i really dont need to add vote (its just meaningless), so you can subtract my vote really.
        all i want is, just, if you have any hint or some workaround or phseudo-code to achieve that?
        it's simple, i want the DrawDawn value that is shown on each bar (nevertheless if there is not open position or not).
        now, the DD only is updated when position is closed.

Comment

Hi TazoTodua, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I can not create custom code for clients.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature

Comment

I just found this thread while messing with Strategy Analyzer. I'm working on a strategy that uses daily bars. The strategy legs into positions over several days, sometimes up to a month or two. While this is happening the price of the instrument may be going down and the previous positions are going against me. If I eventually exit the position with a profit, there is no record of how much the position went in my face (drawdown). In all of the analysis tools, I see nothing but the profit when the position is closed. This can't be correct. Is there a setting or something I do not have set?

Comment

Hello Strategery,

Thank you for your post.

Are you trying to find the draw down for specific positions / an entry and exit?

In the Analyzer, use the drop-down menu and select 'Analysis', then in the Analysis view select the 'Period' drop-down and switch that to 'Trades'.

This view breaks down the results to individual paired entry + exit and has a max drawdown column.

If this is not the information you are looking for, please let me know.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Gaby; 01-24-2024, 01:47 PM.
                Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to know the drawdown of my strategy as it is running. If Ninjatrader brokerage is not going to measure my risk until my position is closed I am fine with that but I have a feeling that is not the case, lol. I guess it would not be so bad on scalping and shorter-term strategies but with a long-term strategy that holds positions for weeks or even months, it sure would be nice to know if my account would have blown out before I exited. From what I can see, a position can draw down $100k while it is on, but if it exits with a $1 profit a week later, there is no drawdown registered in the analyses. I guess it is a limitation of the app. I'll figure something else out. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes