• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

need help with negative offset / displacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with negative offset / displacement

Hi im having a problem offsetting / displacing the sma to the left on the chart in my strategy ....I can offset stuff to the right using positive numbers and the bars ago index but when i want to try set the displacement to a negative value in my strategy like you can do on the chart it does not work.

say i want to set the sma negatively offset by 10 bars to the left, how do I go about this ? I have the negative offset smas on my chart but I cant find the workaround to get the strategy to do the same.

Ive also looked at many posts about this and none address a negative offset the only thing mentioned is using a positive bar look back which does not help as thats not a negative offset.

Any information or code snippets to help would be great thanks

Hello gbux11,

To confirm, you are only wanting to visually change the Displacement for an indicator that is being added to a chart with AddChartIndicator(), is this correct?

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the current time. There is a feature request for this, SFT-2188 'Ability to add displacement setting via custom script for custom indicators', and I will be adding your vote to this request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RandanAL, Today, 09:05 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post RandanAL  
    Started by cstern71, 09-02-2019, 10:30 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes