Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninjascript Editor 401 "save as"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Editor 401 "save as"

I decided view Ninjascript Editor 401 video but when I get to the part where SimpleMACrossOver is brought up in the Editor and I am instructed to do Save As SimpleMACCrossOverUnlocked the Save As is disabled. The only way I can get to to be enabled is to first unlock SimpleMACrossOver then bring it up in the editor - which defeats the whole purposre of using Save As to create a temple to create other similar Stratregies.
    So this is so basic I have to wonder if I need to reinstall NinjaTrader or if the video is simply out of date or there is somethig else I am missing?

Hi seagraph, thanks for your note.

If you are using the Strategy Builder to make your strategy, saving as is a bit different. You will need to bring up the strategy builder> select your strategy from the drop down list> click next> rename from the "Name" field. This will make a copy of the strategy under the different name.

Best regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes that works fine. The video uses right mouse click on in the Ninjascript editor which disables "Save As" untill unlocked.
      Thanks,
      Carl

Comment

Hello seagraph, thanks for your reply.

I see that part of the YouTube video now and I get the same results you are getting. I'll report this to my supervisor.

Kind regards.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know if this has been resolved, but I get the same results as described in the original post. It has been a frustrating 30 minutes to resolve something so simple as a "Save As". Intuitively, right-clicking on the desired Strategy in the right-hand NinjaScript Explorer, should present the user with "Save As".

To be clear:

1. I love the Wizard and don't want to unlock the code just to "Save As".
          2. "Save As" is grayed out.

See attached photo.

Comment

To save some poor soul in the future from having to try to figure this out, here is a screenshot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post stafe
            by stafe

Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes