Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fibonacci Conditions for Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Conditions for Strategy

Hello,

Is there a way to use the Fibonacci retracement percentages in a Strategy? Attached is a picture of how it works under Alerts Conditions. I was wondering if we could do the same in Strategy Builder. If not, is there a work around?
    Attached Files

Hello KINGKODA,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Strategy Builder is only designed for simple strategies, and it is currently not possible to create a drawing object in the Strategy Builder and to use that drawing object for the conditions made within the Strategy Builder.

The strategy will need to have knowledge of the drawing object existing before conditions can be made to use it. Alerts will list drawing objects that are already on a chart, but the strategy does not have any knowledge of these drawing objects when being made in the Strategy Builder. There also is not any infrastructure to add a drawing object within the Strategy Builder and use it in that strategy's conditions.

This would be possible through custom programming, but cannot be done in the Strategy Builder.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf for the ability to use the strategy's drawing objects in conditions of that strategy. This feature request is being tracked with ticket ID SFT-3195.

Please keep in mind, feature requests are fulfilled based on the development team's priorities and we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. Upon implementation, the ticket ID's can be seen in the Release Notes page of the help guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    1 response
    0 likes