Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

Hello! I would like to move the macd to the left in the editor. From indicators it is easy but from the strategist builder I do not get it. Could it be done from the editor? Thank you.

Hello vasagoo,

Thank you for your post.

My understanding is that you're wanting to apply a visual offset to the MACD in the Strategy builder, so it displays a previous bar's value on the current bar, is that correct? While you can apply a visual offset to an indicator when you just apply it to a chart, the Builder has no such concept.

You could assign the indicator values from however many bars ago you want to offset to plots and plot those from the strategy. The simplest thing would be not to display the indicator as part of the strategy, but just add the indicator with the desired bars offset to the chart manually along with the strategy.

If you are simply needing the values of the indicator from several bars ago, you can use the Bars Ago setting for the indicator in the Condition Builder to achieve this.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello! Thanks for answering. What I really need is for the strategist and builder to let me make a virtual scrolling of the MACD 6 bars back. The fact is that the strategy always enters the position late and would like to delay the entry into the crossing of lines. In the graph, the MACD has already displaced -6 bars and I would like the strategy to execute the order 6 bars before. Could it be done with code from the editor? Thank you.

Comment

Hello vasagoo,

Thank you for your reply.

As previously mentioned, you cannot have the indicator plot using an offset from the strategy itself, however, you can base your entry on what the MACD did six bars ago. For example, here I've set a condition that says if the MACD crossed above zero then do something:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-16_1212.png
Views:	99
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	1071066

Note that clicking the Plot on Chart button would only display the indicator normally with no displacement; however, the calculation would use the value of the MACD 6 bars ago.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes