Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Resume - Internet loss settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Resume - Internet loss settings

I want to set NT to resume a strategy if there is an internet interruption. I do not want it to cancel the profit and stop loss. Also I do not want it to enter new trades when the connection is re-established.
    Basically I want to keep the strategy exit parameters intact (especially the stop loss at the brokerage during disconnection) but I do not want the account to open new trades when the connection is re-established that occurred in the strategy while there was a disconnection.

I have these settings
    Options- Strategies - On connection lost – set to keep running
    Options – Strategies – Cancel entry orders when strategy disabled is checked
    Options – Strategies – Cancel exit orders when strategy disabled is left unchecked
    Strategy – Start behavior – set to immediately submit, synchronize account
    Strategy – entry per direction – set to 2 – all entries

Should I have the start behavior set to wait until flat to accomplish the above goal?
    Any advice is appreciated
    Stefan

Hello sdauteuil,

Thank you for the post.

For keeping the strategy running, you would only need to change the on connection loss setting to keep running as you have.

Keep Running: Keeps the strategy running and logs the disconnection. When the connection is reestablished, the strategy will resume as if no disconnection occurred.
    The other settings will occur when those specific actions happen. For example the start behavior would only happen when starting the script or if you had it set to recalculate. The cancellations would only happen if your strategy is disabled. A strategy can still become disabled while using keep running, but this would generally only be if the other connection settings like restart attempts are met in which the strategy is just disabled it will not restart. The start behavior can be whichever you wanted to use for the strategy in contrast to your logic and requirements.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses