Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Seen this error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen this error?

I was attempting to build a new strategy and this error popped up for the first entry condition.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I was attempting to select 'when the bid crossed over the "Order Flow VWAP"...' indicator. I also tried 'when the bid exceeds....' but got the same error. Thoughts?

Dolfan

Hello Dolfan,

Thanks for the report.

This issue has been identified previously and should be fixed in the next release of NinjaTrader 8. (R14) I'll attach the ticket ID for this issue that can be referenced in the Release Notes page of the help guide when the release with the fix gets published. Due to other pending tasks between releases, we cannot offer an ETA.

Ticket ID: NTEIGHT-12757

Release Notes for current and published new releases can be found publicly here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We are happy to be of any further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, so what is the effect of this error meaning,
      1. does this mean I cannot build a strategy at this time?
      2. I cannot use the VWAP indicator in a strategy at this time?

Also, when attempting to use the VWAP indicator I noticed it did not give me the ability to identify and reference the multiple deviation lines as are displayed with the indicator. Will this also be fixed? In the indicator I can modify the lines (color, size, etc.).

Thanks!

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

It is possible to write a strategy with the OrderFlowVWAP indicator, however this currently is not possible in the Strategy Builder due to the bug you have pointed out.

The Order Flow VWAP indicator also has its standard deviations revealed as plots. Please make sure that you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader where these plots are exposed. The current version is 8.0.13.1 and can be downloaded here: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

I have attached an example strategy that applies the sample code from the Help Guide and plots the indicator as well. You may reference this documentation page for further information on using the indicator's plots.

Order Flow VWAP NinjaScript reference - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...flow_vwap2.htm

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim. I'll take a look later after the markets have closed.

Dolfan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          1 response
          0 likes