Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 edit strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 edit strategy

Hi,

i have a strategy with builder and I am not good at the code part. this was probably answered before but all i want to do is change the target and stop on the strategy. there are also some other strats that i could pluck off the shelf that i would like to put my rigorous stop program on it.

Hello Snow819269,

Thank you for the post.

In general with the builder, you can only edit the stops from the Stops and Targets page which is one of the last steps of the builder. You can, however, create logic and submit orders as targets as well. Are you asking how to unlock the code to further edit the targets?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes sorry i guess thats what i really need. i have the strategy built how do i put it back into builder and edit it?

Comment

Hello Snow819269,

Thank you for specifying that.

In this case, you would be unable to go back to the builder once the code is unlocked. The builder is capable of generating simple scripts or templates that can be used. Once you reach a point where the builder is not able to do the action you want you can unlock the code to further edit it manually. This is a one-way step though, once the code is unlocked, there would be no way to revert that changes. Generally, it would be suggested to duplicate the script if you wanted to test manual changes leaving the original builder script intact.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello Snow819269,

Thank you for specifying that.

In this case, you would be unable to go back to the builder once the code is unlocked. The builder is capable of generating simple scripts or templates that can be used. Once you reach a point where the builder is not able to do the action you want you can unlock the code to further edit it manually. This is a one-way step though, once the code is unlocked, there would be no way to revert that changes. Generally, it would be suggested to duplicate the script if you wanted to test manual changes leaving the original builder script intact.

ok, I have the strategy and initially it had a stop and target built in, i have the code, is it possible to make the target and stop run a ATM that i have?

Comment

Hello Snow819269,

Thank you for the reply.

In the builder specifically, you would be unable to use the ATM strategies with NinjaScript. It is possible in general to use ATM strategies with NinjaScript in manual coding but you cannot combine them with the ManagedApproach (EnterLong, EnterShort etc). There are specific ATM methods that can be used in manual coding which you can locate here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

There is also a sample called SampleATMStrategy that comes with the platform. That sample shows the minimum required syntax to invoke an ATM strategy and manage it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes