Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Encrypt strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Encrypt strategy

Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to encrypt a strategy, so that another person can use it without seeing the code.

Thanks!

Hello 7robert,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can export your scripts as a protected assembly directly from NinjaTrader:

Although .NET DLL files are compiled which prevents users from being able to see your proprietary source code, they are still subject to decompilation and reverse engineering attempts. If you want a higher level of security, you can select the "Protect compiled assemblies" option which adds an additional layer of protection. This additional protection layer is provided by SecureTeam's Agile.NET product which has been licensed by NinjaTrader and available at a reduced price to protect NinjaTrader assemblies.

You can learn more and purchase this through SecureTeam's publicly available website here:

Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.

It's just dependent on how secure you want your code to be.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok perfect, and can I compile files with extension .cs?

Comment

Hello 7robert,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you would compile the .cs files generated by the editor into a .DLL as above.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wrote in to platform support. They told me to use Agile.NET. They charge $790 for just a simple version. Is secureteam cheaper? Encrypting code with Ninjatrader has always been a hassle. Never get the same answer twice. I would just like to lock my code - real simple. Thanks

Comment

Hello JerryA,

Thank you for your reply.

SecureTeam offers their Agile.NET product to NinjaTrader users at a reduced price - I believe it appears to be $100 per year. You can learn more and purchase this through SecureTeam's publicly available website here:

Agile.net is a best-in-class obfuscator for .NET platform. Agile.net protects .NET applications against piracy, code theft & malicious tampering.

Comment

Hi, I have purchased Agile.NET product for NinjaTrader 5 days ago. Unfortunately, I received only automatically generated email asking me to provide MAC address and some additional information so they can create a node-locked license. However, there was no follow up on my reply and I am starting to feel like I was scammed. How tight are you with the company? I tried to reach out to them over the phone but nobody was picking it up.

Comment

Hello @tmc_,

Generally there's about a 24 hour turn around on responses from them - has it been more than that since you sent your information back to them? If so, I would make sure you check your spam folders in your email. They may be a little backed up. If there's any further complications or issues, you can email our Business Development team directly at info[at]ninjatraderecosystem[dot]com.

Comment

Hi Kate. It took them over a week but I got their reply with the license key and I was able to verify my copy of the software.

Comment

Hello @tmc_,

Glad to hear they got you your information to you, even if it did take a few days.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes