Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sync gets lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync gets lost

I am running NT8 on an AWS web environment with high availability.
    I have a strategy that is synced to an FXCM account. The Syncing gets corrupted every few days. This is visible as a Red flag behind the word True in the Sync column of the console.
    My position is then open and not managed by any strategy. However, the open position is shown in the console. I can restart my strategy manually and I have programmed it to sync again.
    The problem is that I am exposed from the moment the synchronisation is lost and the moment that I visually detect that the synchronization is lost and I manually restart.This can be hours or days. This is an unaccepatble risk.

How can I avoid that Sync is lost (as shown by the Red Flag). This is NT8 syncing to FXCM. I expect very high reliability. Is this corrrect expectation? Have I set something incorrectly?
    How can I automatically detect Sync is lost and immediately automatically restart my strategy?

Hello PaulZ,

If the strategy is becoming out of sync with the account this could mean that the strategy was disabled and re-enabled but is not designed to resume by using intra-bar granularity with immediately submit as the start up option.

Below is a public link to a form post about resuming a strategy.

Or this could indicate that an order is being placed to the account on the same instrument outside of the strategy. (Meaning manually or over the phone)

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that I may request further information to find which of these is occurring. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM