• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help with Donchian Channel Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Donchian Channel Offset

Hi NT Support Community,

I am seeking to displace my Donchian Channel in the Strategy Builder in the same way that I can displace it from the indicator window. I have tried multiple combinations with Bars Ago and Offset (with ticks and arithmetic) and I can't get it to work. For instance, I have tried inputting "1" for "Bars Ago" and I am not getting the result I am looking for. If you recommend doing this, please explain what I can expect to see, as it doesn't seem to be effective. I have two pictures below - one snap is what I am looking for (when I enter "1" in the displacement field for the Donchian Channel Indicator - the price clearly crosses over the top and bottom of the channel), and the other snap is what I get when I build the Donchian in the Strategy builder (price does not cross over the top and bottom of channel) - several combinations with Offset and Bars ago didn't seem to change that the price never crosses over the channel top or bottom in the strategy builder Donchian. I am being specific about this because other forum posts have suggested using Bars Ago and it isn't working for me.

Attached Files

Hello Austiner87, thanks for your post.

The BarsAgo will shift the data numerically but not visually. So if you reference Dochain[1] and Close[0] for each bar, the most current price will come from Close[0] and the value the Dochain closed at 1 bar ago will come from Dochain[1]. It's not possible to edit the displacement of an indicator on the chart that is added by a strategy. As a test, you could take a simple SMA crossabove/below just like the SampleMACrossover strategy. If you perform the calculation of each SMA 1 bar ago, you will see the actions of bar index 0 rely on what happened 1 bar ago.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by epitoma, Today, 05:21 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ShawnB  
    Started by BatBart, Today, 01:24 PM
    1 response
    0 likes