Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using ICHIMOKU cloud indicator as NT8 Strategy trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using ICHIMOKU cloud indicator as NT8 Strategy trigger

Hi,

I want to use a IchiMoku indicator from User App share to build a strategy at Strategy Builder ( NT8).

I believe this is the IchiMoku indicator I am using, downloaded from AppsShare some time ago: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

Using default configurations and this indicator, it would seem that using the Cloud and not the Signal Plots would be much more reliable as a strategy trigger, but the cloud boundaries cannot be accessed via the available Plots. I changed the Tenkan color to yellow and made all other signal lines transparent except Tenkan and Kijun. Attached is an example that these main signal lines create a lot of noise ( signal crosses) while travelling below the Ichimoku cloud. Hence, using the price cross with the cloud boundaries or Tenkan cross with the cloud would be more reliable than using the Tenkan/Kijun cross , at least with the default settings for the indicator. This is just an example, but the same scenario happens all the time, the cloud seems more " stable" than Tenkan and Kijun , to be used as a trigger at a strategy, but the cloud cannot be used because it s not part of the plots available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tenkan_Kijunchart.png
Views:	2257
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1077480

Q- Would it be possible for Ninjatrader_Jim to include the cloud boundaries as Plots that can be used at a strategy?

As you can see at the images attached below, the Ichimoku cloud is not available as Plot variables, so AFAIK, it cannot be used at a Strategy as one of the triggers....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tenkan_Kijun_Strategy_builder_plots.png
Views:	2031
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1077479

Many thanks indeed,
    G

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thanks for your post.

The cloud is created from a crossover of SenkouSpanA and SenkouSpanB which is projected 26 bars into the future. Since the cloud is displaced into the future, and we cannot apply BarsAgo references to crossover conditions, you will need to create your own crossover conditions that reference the SenkouSpan plots with BarsAgo set to 26. (For referencing if the bar was previously below the SenkouSpan, you will need to use BarsAgo 1 for the Price Series, and BarsAgo 27 for the SenkouSpan plot.)

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EjN...w?usp=drivesdk

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim

Thanks much, I think I got it...

Will test as soon as I get next to the laptop and update here.

Best,
      G

Comment

Hi Jim

Thanks for the video, it looks like it has been custom made to help with my answer ! and also thanks for attaching the strategy! I used it as the base for the tests I am executing.

Really appreciated!

Best,
        G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post drewski1980  
        Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM