Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Orange orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange orders

I am running a strategy and at some point I've had in the log the error: " Close operation failed. Operation timed out. Manually close your position "

There are no other errors in the log and no errors in the script output window, but that left two orders marked by orange lines, which I can't remove unless I reset my demo account, as when I press the X on the right side of the order line, nothing happens. Clicking the Close button in the Control Centre - Accounts tab doesn't remove them either.

As you can see from the attachment, I have not set any type of order in my chart trader with Orange colour
    Attached Files

Hello itrader46,

Thanks for your post.

Orange orders that are stuck occur in the simulator due to race conditions. If there is a specific scenario that can reproduce this occurrence, we would be happy to report it to reduce the number of cases where this may occur. The orders will have to be cleared by resetting the Sim account. (Control Center > Accounts tab > Right Click on Sim account > Edit Account > reset)

The Close operation failing could be due to a number of reasons. Could you write in to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the following information?
    1. The exact steps you took to receive the error.
    2. The exact time the error was received
    3. Your log and trace files attached.
    You can follow the instructions below to message me via email.

Go to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "2333155 ATTN Jim" Please also include a link to this thread.

I look forward to assisting.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is this occurring only on the sim accounts?

Comment

Hello itrader46,

Stuck orders would only be seen with race conditions on Sim Accounts.

We could see instances where Close operation fails on Sim accounts where there is no data to process the order to close your position. This can also happen with live accounts, if the close operation cannot be completed. There could be various reasons for such cases, and those cases should be addressed with our support team over email and providing log and trace files and details of the occurrence.

I look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses