Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Offline market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline market replay

Hello

Can I work offline on my strategy once I downloaded the market replay data?

Hello itrader46,

Yes, the playback connection is an "offline" mode by nature, this uses stored data to replay the market. You do not need an internet connection to use this feature however you will need an internet connection verify the platform license/third party licenses upon starting the platform.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well... it didn't even after about 10 minutes
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello itrader46,

Can you elaborate on what you mean? The image shows the platform open and running, what "didn't even after about 10 minutes"?

Are you saying that the bars were not moving or data was not playing? I see you have not clicked Play button in the image and it is sitting at the start of the data, are you asking about something related to playing?

Comment

It didn't load the data. You can see in the screenshot the Playback window is greyed out and there is no NT8 activity (0.6% CPU in Task Manager).
          The Playback window is grey until the data is loaded, then the Play button becomes green, but it's not getting to that stage, coz it's not loading the data to begin with.

Comment

Hello itrader46,

It didn't load the data.
            What do you mean here? Do you mean that some data you selected in the download tool was not loaded? I do not know what data you were trying to load as you didn't include that detail, from my perspective everything seems to be working.

You can see in the screenshot the Playback window is greyed out and there is no NT8 activity (0.6% CPU in Task Manager).
            The Playback window is grey until the data is loaded, then the Play button becomes green
            Yes this is normal, until the payback connection loads the control is not able to be used. The CPU activity being high is not a specific requirement here.

but it's not getting to that stage, coz it's not loading the data to begin with.
            I am not sure I understand, you have provided an image of data loaded along with the playback controller being able to be used.

What is your specific question here? Please include specific details on what you are questioning or having trouble with, there are not enough details present for me to understand what the problem/question is.

Comment

What I am saying is that the playback connection doesn't load without internet connection and I am not able to use the controller even after 10 minutes, while with internet connection it only takes less than one minute.
              The data appears to load, as the charts appear to be populated, but the process never ends and the Playback button never gets green, so I can actually start the playback

Comment

Hello itrader46,

Were you connected prior to loading playback? Can you provide more details on the specific steps you followed?

You can use it offline however like I noted the platform requires an internet connection to get going with licenses. If you use third party items which require licenses that may prevent you from loading charts etc while disconnected if they cannot load. Are you using any third party items which need licensing or anything custom which requires an internet connection?

I created a quick video of using playback while disconnected, are you doing other steps than what I provided in the video? If so, please include the specific steps you are using. If you have not tested with an empty workspace and not loading your normal workspaces I would suggest closing all workspaces and re testing.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

What I have noticed is that when NT8 has no internet connection at the time the playback connection is initiated then it may hang and appear to proceed no further. I believe this happens because NT8 wants to load (temporarily) some additional data for stable initialization of the playback. I believe NT8 tries to load some "preamble" data whenever you launch the playback data. In other words, if you have downloaded data for say ES from 07/15 through 07/17 then you have that playback data on disk, but when you launch the playback connection then perhaps NT also loads additional data to initialize the charts you have established. I have not confirmed details but it may need an additional full day, minimum. Then it runs through that data up to the point you have selected to begin playback. This process can take several seconds up to perhaps a minute. But if it has no internet connection at the time playback is launched then it cannot acquire this additional data to properly initialize, and so it never runs playback. I guess this is done to insure that strategies and indicators are properly initialized and that the playback will be as much as possible like actually launching NT at session start on 07/15. Again, just guessing, but that's what it seems like to me.
                  Last edited by jvanelli; 07-26-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post yertle
                  by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes