• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Long order followed by Shot order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long order followed by Shot order

Hello

when is submit the LONG order and the SHORT order separately it works well.
    but when i submit the LONG order and while it's still active i transmit the SHORT order - it ignores the SHORT order and printout:
    An Enter() method to submit an entry order at '30/09/2019 07:45:00' has been ignored. Please search on the term 'Internal Order Handling Rules' in the Help Guide for detailed explanation.
    and the output is wrong. (see attachment: "long and short.png")

In the Managed Approach section you wrote: Entry() methods will reverse the position automatically. For example if you are in a 1 contract long position and now call EnterShort() -> you will see 2 executions, one to close the prior long position and the other to get you into the desired 1 contract short position.

so i expected that the LONG order will be closed immidiatly when the SHORT order will be transmitted. (see attachment: "expected.png")

LONG: (see attachment: "LONG.png")
    SetProfitTarget("Long1", CalculationMode.Price, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dProfitTragetPrice, true);
    SetStopLoss("", CalculationMode.Price, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dStopLossPrice, true);
    EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dTradeEntryLimitVal, "Long1"); // meet the profit target
    EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dTradeEntryLimitVal, "Long2"); // stay opened while short get in

SHORT: (see attachment: "short.png")
    SetProfitTarget("Short1", CalculationMode.Price, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dProfitTragetPrice, true);
    SetStopLoss("", CalculationMode.Price, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dStopLossPrice, true);

EnterShortLimit(DefaultQuantity, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dTradeEntryLimitVal, "Short1");
    EnterShortLimit(DefaultQuantity, tMngTrade.tBidFactor.dTradeEntryLimitVal, "Short2");

what am i doing wrong ?
    Thasnks
    Oren

Attached Files

Hello orenytz ,

Thanks for your post.

With reference to: "when i submit the LONG order and while it's still active i transmit the SHORT order - it ignores the SHORT order and printout: An Enter() method to submit an entry order at '30/09/2019 07:45:00' has been ignored. "

I'm not certain if you are advising that the LONG order was filled and you are in a long position or if the LONG order was waiting to be filled. In either case you would be violating the internal order handling rules:

In the case of the strategy is in a Long position: Here is the internal order handling rule that has been violated: Methods that generate orders to enter a position will be ignored if: A position is open and an order submitted by a set method (SetStopLoss() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction

In the case where the strategy is flat and the LONG order is not yet filled: Here is the internal order handling rule that has been violated: Methods that generate orders to enter a position will be ignored if: The strategy position is flat and an order submitted by an enter method (EnterLongLimit() for example) is active and the order is used to open a position in the opposite direction

Reference: Please see "Internal Order Handling Rules that Reduce Unwanted Positions" on this page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by faisamtrader, Today, 10:31 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Tyler  
    Started by ChazJ, Today, 09:48 AM
    1 response
    0 likes