Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Non licensed owners of NT8 platform cannot use backtesting and optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non licensed owners of NT8 platform cannot use backtesting and optimization

Welp i had an issue with none of my strategies working on backtesting or optimizations while using free platform. I did a factory delete of my platform downloaded the new one this morning and same issues occurred. I jumped online with some friends this morning and had them all check their paid platforms to see if they had the same issue. Each said NO. I had my brother download the free platform and he created a simple strategy. He stated backtesting and optimization didnt work for him as well while using the free platform. Guess that answered my question as to why all my back test have been invalid for the last couple of days. If this is true why weren't we notified by email?

I tested a simple 20ema / 10 ema cross strategy and no ability to backtest or optimize.

If any other of you are using free platform and have ability to test a strategy without getting repeated results , please reply.
    Last edited by Teebone21; 11-28-2019, 11:10 PM.

Have you solved your issues?

Comment

Originally posted by JonasZweig View Post
      Have you solved your issues?
      nope. I know the NT crew is off work today so i guess I will be waiting till monday to speak to someone

Comment

Hi Teebone21, thanks for your note.

What exactly is not working on the strategy? Does the strategy run through the OnBarUpdate method but not make any trades? I can test any strategy you send me if you email it to platformsupport at ninjatrader.com.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          Hi Teebone21, thanks for your note.

What exactly is not working on the strategy? Does the strategy run through the OnBarUpdate method but not make any trades? I can test any strategy you send me if you email it to platformsupport at ninjatrader.com.
          Thank you for replying chris. THe problem is even a simple strategy like 10/20 EMA crossver cant be optimized with non licensed platform for some reason. I will send you my strat and you can tell me whats wrong.

just last week i could backtest and optimize my strategies and this week i just get repeated results even when parameters are changed.
          Last edited by Teebone21; 11-29-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TraderBCL  
          Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post martin70