Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No parameters to optimize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first of all I have to say your support is stellar! I'm really impressed you did all you did, Chelsea. I only have equities feed so I can't load ES 03-20. This is certainly an issue. If you place that template xml file that I included in the directory you mentioned you may see the error. I widened the ranges on all my parameters min to max, entire range. Then the error occurs. I'll look into exporting with strategy.

Comment

NT version 8.0.19.1 64

Comment

I work in software so I totally understand asking for exact steps and you are correct, following your exact steps it did not err in the same way. It erred on not having access to the instrument. changing that to NVTX it ran through it's two iterations fine.

Comment

so I have attached a template to put in your strategy psychotron5 folder. This should reproduce the error. I have to upload it as a zip because your site doesn't allow xml files to be uploaded. simply extract this and put it in strategy psychotron5 under templates and you should be able to reproduce by loading this directly after following all your steps in your video. The difference is all my parameters are wide open min to max.
          Attached Files

Comment

if you are concerned about opening zips or have any issue here it is with the extension txt. You have to rename it and change the extension to xml to use this file but again, put it in templates => strategies => psychotron5 and load it after all the steps in your video and you will reproduce the issue, or at least I did.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello filopearson,

Thanks for providing the script.

I think the number of iterations is greater than an integer can hold.
              I'm checking with our development and I will let you know what I find.

I appreciate your patience.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello filopearson,

Our development has determined there is an issue and has provided ID# NTEIGHT-14268 for this behavior.

As new releases of NinjaTrader 8 become available, please check the release notes for this ID. Once listed, please update and confirm the behavior is corrected.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sounds good. thanks. I'll update this thread with confirmation if it is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888