Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't export strategy that is based on a custom indicator without source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't export strategy that is based on a custom indicator without source code

Hello,

I am developing an automated NinjaScript strategy based on a custom indicator provided by a side company. This indicator was provided without source code and installed as a NinjaScript assembly.

This is the only indicator the strategy uses and when I am trying to export the strategy, NinjaTrader (version 8.0.19.0) generates an alert message "Assembly could not be exported. Please ensure all required components are included". I have included in the exported assembly the reference to the indicator used from Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript Add-on -> Add -> References, however this doesn't solve the problem.

In previous NT versions there was a message in the log about which component (indicator) was not included in the assembly, however 8.0.19.0 doesn't provide any information on this. Also, in previous versions if the strategy was based on an indicator, which source code was not available and was installed as an assembly, the strategy would export just fine with an alert message that target computer should have the same assembly (indicator) installed.

Can you please advise on how I can export the strategy that is based on assembly indicator (source code is not available) in 8.0.19.0?

Best regards,
    Alexei

Hello akuntysh,

Thank you for the post.

Are you specifically seeing an error saying that it cannot be exported or the following:

Please be aware that the exported NinjaScript Archive File can only be imported if the target PC has the following assembly(s) loaded: AssemblyName
    I just tried this situation on my end by making a custom indicator and exporting it as a compiled assembly. I then removed the source and imported the compiled assembly. I referenced the indicator from a strategy and was able to export it along with seeing the expected message I noted above.

If you are not seeing the export succeed or a different error this likely relates to how the custom indicator/strategy is coded. I would likely need a more specific example of the syntax used to call the indicator.

You can in some cases have difficulty exporting items as a compiled assembly if you have other third party items imported. As a test try exporting this from a clean installation. The process for that is essentially renaming your user folder to temporarily remove your data, re installing the platform to generate a new user folder, importing the scripts into the new user folder and then testing the export. I can provide specific steps to do this if you would like to try this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your advise, I was getting a specific error about assembly not being able to export. But after complete reinstallation of NT it works as expected!

Best regards,
      Alexei

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses