Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error Message in Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message in Log

Hello,

I keep getting the following error message every time I start up NT8:

"Strategy '589510039696': unable to deserialize user data: There is an error in XML document (95, 4)"

I grepped all the XML documents in the entire NinjaTrader8 folder in 'My Documents' and cannot find any reference to this Strategy number, except, of course, in the log file itself.

How can I track down where this error is coming from?

Thanks,

Hello ChazJ,

Thank you for your post.

This would indicate a strategy of yours has an input that is not being properly serialized when saved in a template. I'm guessing that you probably don't have a strategy that's actually named that, and that the number there is the identification number of a particular instance of a strategy.

When did the behavior begin? Did it start soon after using a new strategy or template for the first time? Have you recently created any new strategies with user inputs?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

It's been happening for at least a week now. I've been doing a lot of work with modifying and creating multiple strategies, so it's hard to tell.

But, I tried excluding all my strategies from compilation and it went away. I re-enabled the three I am currently working with and so far the issue has not re-appeared. So it may gone now.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello ChazJ,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd check the ones that you've got excluded now and make sure you're correctly serializing your properties and brushes.

Public properties will be serialized so they can be retrieved at a later point. For example, from a workspace or chart template. Brushes need to be serialized because the Brush itself can't be directly written to XML. This same concept applies to types that cannot be serialized.

These public properties could be made private, or they could be include a serializable type like a string that the the property can be converted too. Alternately, the XmlIgnoreAttribute could be used to prevent the public property from serializing all together.

XmlIgnoreAttribute - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...eattribute.htm

Serializing Brushes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...43&postcount=2

Serialization - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...lization/index

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses