Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issue Loading Strategy templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue Loading Strategy templates

I have a complex strategy with lots of properties and the use of strategy templates has become extremely important.

After 3 days of testing, I can replicate the issue.

To simplify the test I have created a simple strategy with the strategy wizard that takes only one User Property; GiveMeNumber.

When I do the following sequence, the template does not loaded.
    • In chart window, open the Strategy Configuration window. I do not use the shortcut. I right click the chart and then select Strategies...
    • In the Available list, select the strategy
    • Click Apply and then OK or simply OK. I do not make any changes to any of the parameters, I click OK with the default parameters.
    • Open Strategy Configuration for a second time and apply one of the strategy's templates
      • I have created 3 different templates, each one with a different Input Parameter for one user property
      • I have also loved at the template XML to see the value is getting stored correctly on all three templates
    • The number gets loaded into the one User property correctly
    • I click OK or Apply
    • I know that the one value did not get loaded since the Strategy name (top left corner of the chart window) does not reflect the new value.
      • When I go back to the Strategy Configuration window, the default value is the one that appears

I am never activating the strategy.

To create the template, I simply change the value for my one User Property and save the template.

Observation:
    • If I load one of the templates, I see the value in the properties section of the strategy configuration window and then save and create another template, the new value is saved and taken by the strategy.

NOTE: I change the extension of the xml template files to cs. This was my solution to be able to load the files and xml are not allowed attachments.

Please let me know if a video would be better.
    Attached Files

Hi GARZONJ, thanks for the feed back.

I was able to reproduce what you described. I'll report this to our development team.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes