Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not being able to find strategy in ninja editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being able to find strategy in ninja editor

how do I find a strategy in ninja editor with its templates im only seeing it in the strategy analyzer log in ninja editor

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for your note.

Templates would not be listed in the NinjaScript editor if you're looking for those specifically. Those wouldn't be editable, you'd just need to save a new template with the same name to overwrite the old one.

If this is a third party strategy that you purchased, it's unlikely you'd be able to see the code in the NinjaScript Editor, as most purchased strategies are distributed as protected assemblies. Is the strategy you're trying to find one you created, or one you purchased or received from a third party?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no this isnt a 3rd party strategy....it was a simple one i created but I dont see any of the templates I saved for them as far as settings..dont know if I changed the name of it cuz the results stil show up on strategy analyzer logs just dont know if I changed the name of it to something else

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Templates for settings for a strategy would not be found in the Editor as we've previously mentioned. If you've changed the name of the strategy but don't remember what it is, you'd need to go through and open each one to find the strategy you want, however. There wouldn't be a way to find what a strategy was previously named.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

ok....I sorted thru my strategys to see if I changed the name on any of them but its not there...do u know how can i find out if I deleted by accident or its somewhere else

Comment

Hello rickyblah12,

Thank you for your reply.

If you previously created backups of your NInjaTrader installation and included NinjaScript files and happened to make a backup during a time when that particular strategy existed, then it's possible you may have it backed up. If you have any other backup software you may check there as well, as it may have archived it for you.

Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive if you recently completed a backup:
            1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
            2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
            3. Press the "Restore" button
            4. Select the items you wish to restore
            Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:

To help prevent loss, ensure to do backup regularly.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your Strategies folder to an earlier version.
            1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom
            2. Right click on the Strategies folder and select Properties
            3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
            4. If not, you will need to recreate your strategy
            Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
            31 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes