Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Universal automated strategy builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal automated strategy builder

Hello,

Is there any universal automated strategybuilder based on indicators and money management I can use with ninjatrader 8?

I am new to ninjatrader, and I've been using Metatrader 5 for a while.I'm am currently using a universal strategy builder (without the need of coding) that I purchased in the market.
    I use it for backtesting / forward testing, and live trading.
    I included some pictures.
    I am looking for something similar.
    Please help
    Last edited by markkm; 08-20-2018, 02:30 PM.

Hello markkm,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

NinjaTrader8 provides a Strategy Builder that does not require any programming and converts the strategy builder output to Ninjascript/C# programming language to provide for fast execution in the platform. It is not universal and only works with NinjaTrader8.

Here is a link to the strategy builder helpguide which contains some example of configuring various "conditions" and "actions": https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_builder.htm

We also offer free live training webinars for the Strategy builder every other week, here is a link to all of our training webinars: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining

We do have a recorded session here in the meantime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response.
      I've used the NT8 Strategy Builder in the past but I found some limitations (adding a multiplier to ATR for example), plus it's time consuming to build each strategy (I have to define each output for each indicator, e.g. slow crossing fast for MA).
      With the one I have in Metatrader 5, it's already built, and ready for genetic optimization (I can optimize based on indicator 1 + indicator 2 as a filter OR only indicator 1, money management, etc ...)
      Do you think I can find / purchase an already built system for NT8 ?

Comment

Hello markkm,

This is Jared from the NinjaTrader Business Development team responding on behalf of my colleague Paul.

You can search our library of 3rd party vendors offering automated strategies below. Simply enter a vendor name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your vendors of choice, please visit each vendors site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:

Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

You can locate the contact information for the vendors on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

This NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Jared M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!
          I did and unfortunately I was not able to find an automated strategy with standard indicators, and also customizable entry-exit time / days, etc..
          I contacted few developer, and they quoted me few thousand of dollars to build a system similar to the one I purchase for Metatrader 5 for only $150.
          I really like NT since it gives the option to use volume and tick charts and also available brokers, which Metatrader 5 lacks (there is only one available broker for futures, and no volume time chart).
          I really hope to find an already built system that I can purchase for a fair price.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y