Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

feature request - apply trading hours template to strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feature request - apply trading hours template to strategy

Hi NT bods,

When I back test a strategy I can just select the trading hours I want to apply to that strategy, but when I go to deploy it on a chart / data series its no so simple, there is no drop down list as in the strategy tester .. can we get this added ..

I can change the trading hours for the data feed .. ( don't really want to fudge at this level as it seems to be changing the chart timezone also // weirdness .. didnt make sense to me, all the charts went out of sync with terminal time zone settings .. had to reset it all )

I can also do this programatically, which is what I will do as a work around (so not I have to retest everything arghh ).. but to have it as a drop down the same way as I have it set up in the strategy tester would be a good feature .. why have one without the other is my argument ..

Thanks for your support, and on-going development of NT, it pretty cool ..

Best regards
    Mark

looks like you can do this from the chart by double clicking the bars which brings up the data source properties .. so .. its possible .. but .. I would like to have it specifically in the strategy setup options when you reply a strategy and the data source then you can select it there .. if this is possible .. i know everything is possible, i just depends how much time and effort you want the throw at it

Comment

Hello 12tkram,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have added a feature request for you to be able to set the strategy Trading Hours template for a strategy separately from the data series trading hours. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4542.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
      1 response
      0 likes