How to clean up cache for charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clean up cache for charts?

I'm using custom bar types and want to clear my chart cache, what directory does the cache hold? When I try to switch from one type to another bar type, it fails miserably. I want to clean it up and open a new chart. Want to know how to remove the cached bar types?

Hello priceisking,

Thanks for your post.

Bar cache is stored in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\ folder. You can delete the cache and close/reopen the chart to force the BarsType to rebuild using the data stored in the NinjaTrader 8\db\tick NinjaTrader 8\db\minute and NinjaTrader 8\db\day folders. (Data is requested if it does not exist in these db folders.)

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. This did the trick for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
        Hello priceisking,

Thanks for your post.

Bar cache is stored in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\ folder. You can delete the cache and close/reopen the chart to force the BarsType to rebuild using the data stored in the NinjaTrader 8\db\tick NinjaTrader 8\db\minute and NinjaTrader 8\db\day folders. (Data is requested if it does not exist in these db folders.)

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
        Hi,

have a follow up question regarding your reply. Does clearing out cache remove all items from the charts in a workspace? I had a workspace with support and resistance levels marked for daily, weekly and monthly. I cleared out db cache and when I restarted NT8 and opened up one of my workspaces all the tabs were there but all the lines for support and resistance levels were gone. any way to restore them?

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your post.

Clearing out
          NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder should have not removed your drawing tools.

To test if you have any old versions of your Workspace available for recovery, do the following:
          • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management window and expand the 'Restore Workspace' section
          • Click 'Restore', then select any recovery versions of your Workspace that may have been automatically saved with its windows still available.

After selecting a recovery workspace that works for you, you may rename and save it again from the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down.

​If you continue to experience the same, please email us your log and trace files right from the NinjaTrader platform (by going to Help-> Email Support), plus attach a screenshot of your chart, so we may investigate this matter further. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Thank you!​
          Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Oxana View Post
            Hello,
            Thank you for your post.

Clearing out
            NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder should have not removed your drawing tools.

To test if you have any old versions of your Workspace available for recovery, do the following:
            • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management window and expand the 'Restore Workspace' section
            • Click 'Restore', then select any recovery versions of your Workspace that may have been automatically saved with its windows still available.

After selecting a recovery workspace that works for you, you may rename and save it again from the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down.

​If you continue to experience the same, please email us your log and trace files right from the NinjaTrader platform (by going to Help-> Email Support), plus attach a screenshot of your chart, so we may investigate this matter further. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Thank you!​
            Got it. I ended up redoing the levels on my chart last night which wasn't a big deal as it was only for a single instrument but definitely good to know.
            I will check again on the next db cache cleanup and will let you guys know if the issue persists.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
            Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes