• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Target profits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pladijske,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to do some testing with your strategy on my end, but it references an indicator I don't have, LongDax1HoogsteRendement0602. I could make something up to give similar signals, but would you be able to provide that indicator? That would certainly assist in my testing.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

I appologize, but I find it too difficult to send you my indicator on which I have been working so hard for 2 years.
      The thing is that I just want to know wether I can adjust the average price when 2 of the 5 futures have been sold as I explained above. Or is there another way to adjust this?

Second: I don't understand how the realtime data really works.
      I have an Internet Brokers account, because here in Belgium there is no other opportunity.
      First I start up my IB account and check, by opening charts, that all data feeds are ok

Then I start up the ninjatrader 8, connect to the IB datastream and then open the charts I need.
      Sometimes it opens up immediately and sometimes I have to wait. But the last 2 weeks I encounter trouble starting up FDAX 03-20.
      In the log it today stated : "eurex.... is not enabled to receive real time data. Please....." But I checked with IB and everything was ok and for the YM there is no problem and when I open superDOM I get the live ticks for the FDAX 03-20???
      So what is wrong and how can I prevent this in the future?

Because before I want to go live and buy the license, I want to be sure that everything works and understand how it works.

As always, many thanks for your time and effort!

Kind regards,

Ladis Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-17 (4).png
Views:	7
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	1087412

Comment

Hello Pladijske,

Can you confirm what the possible values returned by your indicator are so I may create something similar? My testing won't be as accurate but that way I can at least approximate.

The first thing to check when having issues with IB data is that you are running the correct version of either TWS or IB Gateway to work with NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader 8 requires that you use one of the following:You can find the version number of the one you're using on the splash screen displays when it starts up (sometimes called the Build Number). If the Version/Build number is different from what's listed above, you'll need to first uninstall the existing TWS or IB Gateway and install the one linked above.

The problem with other versions is that while they may work, they aren't guaranteed to do so, and can definitely cause issues with receiving data.

If you've got the correct version, the next thing to try is starting in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces.
        • Connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies.
        • Getting instrument updates from the server.
        To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once in Safe Mode, you'll initially just see you'll need to manually connect to your IB connection, then open a few charts to test. If you open up an FDAX 03-20 chart in Safe Mode, do you see data moving as you'd expect?

If so, we're likely looking at a problem with your workspace. As a further test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
        • Move all of the files in this folder to a new location. For example, you can drag them to the desktop temporarily.
        • Restart NinjaTrader 8 which should start up with a blank workspace
        • Once NinjaTrader has started with just the Control Center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
        • *Please note this new blank workspace will be named Untitled1.
        If there are no issues on this new workspace, please shut down NinjaTrader, and then drag your previous workspace files from their temporary location back to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces folder. Then, relaunch NinjaTrader 8, and from the Control Center, click Workspaces, and re open your existing workspace(s).

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace(s), adding 1 instrument/indicator/drawing tool at a time. Please keep track of what instruments/indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

Here is a link showing how to make a backup in NinjaTrader 8: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...up_archive.htm

Comment

Dear Kate,

When I started in safe mode as you suggested. It works ok. It takes +/- 1 min before the bars arrive on the chart but that is normal I guess.
          I also did step 2. But again when I exited safe mode and restarted without the workspaces the same problem reoccured.

Is it possible that there are issues with the chart template (I have 2 indicator that load automaticly when opening a new chart) and if so, why didn't I have any issues with it the past 3 weeks?
          And why is there only a problem with the FDAX and NOT with the YM even it loads the same indicators perfectly???

Kind regards,
          Ladis

Comment

Hello Pladijske,

Did you also confirm that your version of either TWS or IB Gateway is the correct version?

If so, let's have you try running a repair on the installation. To do so, go to the Uninstall a Program section of the Windows Control Panel. Once there, find NInjaTrader in the list, right click on it and select Repair. Does the repair complete successfully, or do you encounter an error? Usually if it does error, it will tell you it can't find a .tmp file.

Also, I didn't see that you answered this question so I may test your strategy:

Can you confirm what the possible values returned by your indicator are so I may create something similar? My testing won't be as accurate but that way I can at least approximate.

Comment

Dear Kate,

The possible values are 2 or 3. If 2 then target profit is 20 pips if 3 then target profit is 30 pips. But as the index sometimes goes down first you can just try a strategie that buys a future at let's say 1000 and call it "first", then 980 "second , 970 "thirth" and 960 "last" and then sell last and thirth and then see what the average price is.

About the data: The TWS is up to date. i also did the repair with no improvement a full uninstall and reinstall and now I am testing everything on an other PC. I downloaded NT8 and TWS. And everything seems to work fine on this one (also windows10).
              I will now transfer my workspaces and see what happens.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent such strange behavior?

Kind regards,

Ladis

Comment

Hello Pladijske,

Great, I will work on testing.

As far as the data issue, could be a number of things, really. If it's working fine on another PC on the same network, I'd say it's more likely to be a problem within Windows, possibly a firewall issue. Does the other computer you're using have the same anti-virus/firewall software as the one you were having the issue on?

Are you using the same internet connection for both PCs? Is it a wired or WiFi connection?

Comment

Dear Kate,

Concerning the data issue. Could it be possible that the problem originates due to the fact that I close down at 22:30 local Brussels Time and reboot at 07:00?
                  When I leave my pc in "sleeping" mode and restart the next day, log in to IB ,the chart starts with the new data at 07:00 and leaves a gap between 22:30 and 07:00.

I normally do the following: Close the chart and reopen one with different data series>days to load or I do reload all historical data (which can take a very long time.

What do you suggest is the best way? Because, when I go live and buy the platform, what happens when I (am forced to by IB to) log off?
                  What would be the best "routine" to have the least problems with the data flow?

Kind regards,

Ladis

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ralett, Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Marco  
                  Started by bboyle1234, Yesterday, 10:46 PM
                  1 response