Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EMA Cloud High Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA Cloud High Low

I am trying to develop a strategy from what I trade manually its pretty simple I use an EMA cloud on range bar charts and I just wait for a pullback into the moving averages after they have started to fan out and entering if it breaks the high or low created from the pullback I've got the major parts but I'm struggling with the swing indicator because I want it to close above that high and then open a long trade and vice versa for going short when but I put it simply as crosses above high or crosses below low it wont take any trades.

I'm guessing I am going to have to tel it to pull the actual value from the indicator and then tell it that if it closes above that price to open a long. How would I go about this in with the coding used in NT8?

I know I will have to find a way to tell it when the moving averages are at a certain distance from each other so that it will know when to take trades. Is this something that is possible in ninja script?

is their any resources on making the trade size be based off of using a % of the account and having it recalculate between trades?

Ive used some pine script and and think script and I'm trying to get used to ninja trader so i can use it for live trading what is the best resource for a visual learner to learn C# when it comes to ninja trader? I searched and didn't find a ton of videos in you tube are their other search terms i can try? like is NT8 that big of a difference than NT7 when it comes to the code?

Hi mike09, thanks for your post.

The project you describe would be best done by an experienced C# programmer that knows NinjaScript well. For a good intro to NinjaScript see this post from our colleague Chelsea:

All of the indicators in the platform by default are available to view from the NinjaScript editor.

To get account data, you will need to set up an account object, there is an example on this page:

NT8 and NT7 are not too different from each other, but they are different enough so I would recommend just learning NT8 code style. If there is some example in NT7 you were looking at, we have a code-breaking table between NT7 and NT8 here:

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mike09 View Post
      I am trying to develop a strategy from what I trade manually its pretty simple I use an EMA cloud on range bar charts and I just wait for a pullback into the moving averages after they have started to fan out and entering if it breaks the high or low created from the pullback I've got the major parts but I'm struggling with the swing indicator because I want it to close above that high and then open a long trade and vice versa for going short when but I put it simply as crosses above high or crosses below low it wont take any trades.

I'm guessing I am going to have to tel it to pull the actual value from the indicator and then tell it that if it closes above that price to open a long. How would I go about this in with the coding used in NT8?

I know I will have to find a way to tell it when the moving averages are at a certain distance from each other so that it will know when to take trades. Is this something that is possible in ninja script?

is their any resources on making the trade size be based off of using a % of the account and having it recalculate between trades?

Ive used some pine script and and think script and I'm trying to get used to ninja trader so i can use it for live trading what is the best resource for a visual learner to learn C# when it comes to ninja trader? I searched and didn't find a ton of videos in you tube are their other search terms i can try? like is NT8 that big of a difference than NT7 when it comes to the code?
      You will need to know the Swing High or Low price, and check for it to be exceeded. the information is in the documentation.

ref: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt8/swing.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes