Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy help

Hi,
    I need help with creations of conditions in strategy builder in NT8. I need to create condition that slope of EMA 34 and EMA 204 for long must rising and for short must falling and second indicator amaCoralFilter that when main trend is UP long only and main trend is Down short only. See picture.
    Thanks
    Roman

Hello Obelixtrader,

Below is a link to the Strategy Builder 301 training video that goes over using the tools in the Strategy Builder such as Rising and Falling.

When you mention 'the slope is rising', does this mean the slope is greater than 0?

Or are does this mean that the slope of the current bar must be steeper than the slope of the previous bar?

Attached is a screenshot of how comparing the slope of the EMA(34) to be greater than 0.

With the amaCoralFilter, this would not be an indicator included with NinjaTrader and was likely imported. The distributor may have more details on how to use this in a script or in the Strategy Builder.
    Attached Files
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello Obelixtrader,

Below is a link to the Strategy Builder 301 training video that goes over using the tools in the Strategy Builder such as Rising and Falling.

When you mention 'the slope is rising', does this mean the slope is greater than 0?

Or are does this mean that the slope of the current bar must be steeper than the slope of the previous bar?

Attached is a screenshot of how comparing the slope of the EMA(34) to be greater than 0.

With the amaCoralFilter, this would not be an indicator included with NinjaTrader and was likely imported. The distributor may have more details on how to use this in a script or in the Strategy Builder.
      Hi ChelseaB,
      Using numeric value was correct.I would need help with 1 more thing. i have defined stoploss1 (-15 ticks), stoploss2 (-15 ticks) and profittarget1 (10ticks) and profittarget2 (20ticks)now I would need to pogram in strategy builder if market move in my direction 10ticks move stoploss2 from (-15ticks) to (-3ticks) from entry.

Comment

Hello Obelixtrader,

A breakeven or trailing movement would need to be done with exit orders, or you would need to unlock the script and stop using the strategy builder.

Below is a link to an example created with the strategy builder.

And a link to examples created by hand.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
        1 response