Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ploting data which are coming from other resourses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ploting data which are coming from other resourses

my logic is taking any data from external resources like Exl and create chart of these data.
    please give me hint how to create strategy for this

Hello shaista parveen,

If you have existing logic which takes external data you can likely use the same logic in a strategy to gather that data. How you use that data in the strategy would depend on what you are trying to do with it.

If you are trying to base fills off that data you would likely need to load the data and then reference it while OnBarUpdate processes. Really this would depend on what the data is for and what its intended goal is within the strategy. We don't have any samples or guidelines for development that uses outside resources so how you proceed would depend on the data and its use.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i have no any logic just i am asking how i can do, if i want to develop such type of strategy

please JESSE Sir give me hint PLEASE

Comment

just i want to develop such type of logic but how

so please help me to develop such type of logics

Comment

Hello shaista parveen,

Thank you for clarifying that you do not have logic yet.

If you do not have anything yet I could suggest looking at some of the existing NinjaScript samples in the help guide to get started learning NinjaScript: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ce_samples.htm

NinjaScript is C# programming language so you can execute C# logic to accomplish goals.

Getting data from an external source is not something we have samples or help for, the closest match to that would be reading from a text file which you can find here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_read_fro.htm

Beyond that you would need to use any external C# resources to learn about accessing the data you have. The NinjaTrader related resources will revolve around what exists in the platform already such as using your data providers incoming data or other NinjaScript API related items.

For information on plotting you can see the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/addplot.htm

You can also try searching the forums for specific topics, for example if you were specifically trying to use excel files you could search for excel to see what other users have done to import that type of data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes