Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pop-up Error messages can't be disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeronymite
    replied
    junkone Whilst this issue cannot be "fixed" programmatically, it can be "worked around". See here for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...25#post1198625

Also, it is very important to stress that error popups occur for a reason, and they should be well understood before any process to dismiss or "avoid" them is implemented. In the Strategy Analyzer, there may be good reason to "disable" them during backtests/optimizations, but if they happen there, be very careful when going to real-time. Popups may be annoying at times, but they signal something important, so do not disregard them, even if they are "hidden".

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello junkone,

I've added your vote to SFT-671.

Thank you for your voice.

Leave a comment:

• junkone
    replied
    pl add my vote. this is actually the most annoying one in NT as i cannot fix it programatically. during replay. my suggestion would be to add a flag to turn off new popups like this during the session. this way, we can manage it for replay sessions while keeping it for other situations when this error adds value.
    Last edited by junkone; 08-27-2022, 06:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello boomm,

Thanks for your feedback.

I've added your vote and notes to SFT-671.

Leave a comment:

• boomm
    replied
    Crossed many post from 2016 until now about wanting a feature to disable pop up errors as some traders use strategies and can get 50-100 pop up errors in few seconds leading for NT to freeze or close...Please add my vote...There are plenty of users wanting this feature to be ignored...At least have a feature for the errors to go into log rather than pop up to lessen computer usage.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello mav8rick,

I've added your vote as well.
    Thanks for your vote.

Leave a comment:

• mav8rick
    replied
    Just read this - please add my vote as well!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello VolatyTrading,

I've added your vote to SFT-671 as well.

Thanks for your voice.

Leave a comment:

• VolatyTrading
    replied
    Please add my vote as well.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello Lumbeezl,

Your vote for SFT-671 has been added.

Thank you for your vote.

Leave a comment:

• Lumbeezl
    replied
    Add my vote as well please.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello caveat_lector,

Your vote has been added to SFT-671.

Thank you for your voice.

Leave a comment:

• caveat_lector
    replied
    Please add my vote for SFT-671.

Leave a comment:

• chadnash
    replied
    Actually in a couple of my strategies I have specified to ignore all errors and I still get pop ups... I need to check but possibly only when live until cancelled is enabled. These are specific setups using TD Ameritrade and the pop ups are not always things I can account for (Unlike things like risk settings or other errors I have no idea if shares to short are not available until the message is returned). So in this case its not exactly something I can fix and its not something I need pop up messages for.

I guess a better description for this feature would be "Display all error pop up's as log entries."

Or even having a maximum number of pop up's at a time before a warning pop up comes up and it doesn't display any more... The real issue isn't one or two pop ups... Its hundreds or thousands during a session.

BTW Speaking of risk settings... When I go and select "None" for risk template under the account it saves but tells me I need to reboot NT... Then if I reboot NT, it goes back to default and none is no longer selected.

-Chad
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-06-2021, 06:25 AM. Reason: Removed external link

Leave a comment:

• Leo999
    replied
    Even with the popups, your strategy will continue to run if you set RealTimeErrorHandling to IgnoreAllErrors. But be careful as those errors do tell you something went wrong with your order. In my case, I went through my strategy logs and made sure I handled the all possible error conditions to make sure I gracefully exited my position. The errors are caused by enter and exits calls such as the the stop and stop limit calls. The MIT and market position calls never raise the error popups as NT8 will always allow you to get into position without any conditions, except for MIT where the price must first be touched. Anyway, I think NT should allow disabling the error popups as an option for those who are experienced using the managed order calls. It's kinda of crummy that they do not, but I suspect it is a liability and legal issue and they don't want any exposure.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by bmarovets, Today, 06:33 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post bmarovets  
Started by ETFVoyageur, Yesterday, 07:05 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post ETFVoyageur