Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder and ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder and ATM

Does Strategy Builder support use of a a ATM template to manage trade exits? For example, I have an ATM strategy template that, once filled, opens a 5 contract trade with defined targets, initial stop value, automated break even stop triggers and automated trailing stop. I use Strategy Builder to define the trade setup parameters (conditions), I would then like the enter a trade (action) using the ATM strategy template that I have defined. Is that possible?

Hello ralett,

Thanks for your post.

The Strategy Builder is currently not able to start ATM strategies. This will require unlocking the code and using the NinjaScript ATM strategy methods. We have an example SampleAtmStrategy NinjaScript strategy that comes with the platform that can be used as an example as well.

Using ATM Strategies — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...strategies.htm

ATM Strategy Methods — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

We have a pending feature request tracking interest behind adding this functionality. The ticket ID is SFT-1986 and I have added a vote on your behalf. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it is to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for this feature request

Comment

Please add my vote for this also.

Comment

Please add my vote as well.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, your votes have been added.

Comment

I'd like to vote for this feature as well, please.

Comment

Welcome to the forums SidFields!

Your vote has been added.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                  Hello ralett,

Thanks for your post.

The Strategy Builder is currently not able to start ATM strategies. This will require unlocking the code and using the NinjaScript ATM strategy methods. We have an example SampleAtmStrategy NinjaScript strategy that comes with the platform that can be used as an example as well.

Using ATM Strategies — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...strategies.htm

ATM Strategy Methods — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

We have a pending feature request tracking interest behind adding this functionality. The ticket ID is SFT-1986 and I have added a vote on your behalf. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it is to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Hi Jim.
                  This request not only sounds reasonable, but it seems like a normal progression through the learning stages of NT8. And its better to get it here than 3rd party marketers, thats why we paid for the license. Not to be told that NT8 is a superior system, but have it proven to us.
                  If nothing has been done about this since Feb, 2020.......Of course, please add my vote to ticket ID SFT-1986.
                  And since our votes have been registered, why can't we be notified of any related changes that affect our enquiry. That would be wasting our time/money.
                  Sincerely
                  Paul Marshall

Comment

Under the title: AtmStrategyCreate() the instructions read:
                    "ATM Strategies operate in real-time only and will not execute on historical data thus they can't be backtested"
                    I'm guessing that I am forced to go to a third party to get further answers to be able to backtest my ATM strategies????? Or which approach should I take????

Comment

Hello Paul,

You should use the Playback Connection to test strategies that initiate ATM strategies. If you need to use the Strategy Analyzer, it would then be recommended to write a regular NinjaScript strategy that does not initiate ATM strategies.

Playback - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...l?playback.htm

I have added your vote to SFT-1986. Keep in mind since we receive many inquires and there are numerous ideas and development tasks, features may not reach a point of being implemented, even after several years. This gets to why we do not offer any ETA or promise of fulfillment. This also makes things complicated to inform users about implemented changes. We don't want to set unrealistic expectations for their implementation and currently use the Release Notes page for users to track changes that are made.

If you want an email notification when new releases come out so you can browse the Release Notes when that happens, I recommend subscribing to the News and Announcements forum.

Comment

Thanks Jim

Comment

Please add my vote to ticket ID SFT-1986

Comment

Thanks for your feedback culpepper,

You vote has been added.

Comment

Please add my vote to ticket ID SFT-1986