Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Symbol sizing and reference OFA chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol sizing and reference OFA chart

Hi,
    I'm using orderflowanalytics charts/addon.
    - Is there a way to adjust drawing symbol (arrows, squares etc) size in a strategy made by strategy builder. Or create a new symbol/drawing that can be referenced in strategy builder. The standard symbols/drawings are huge when the strategy is applied to an OFA chart.

- Would like to reference an OFA chart indicator on a different chart then what the strategy will be applied to. I understand how to do it with standard charts (min, ticks, vol etc) but don't see a way to reference an addon chart such as OFA. Is there a way to do it in strategy builder.
    Thank you,
    jim

Hello Jim,

Thanks for the post.

You may turn on Auto Scale when you set up the draw action. This will scale the drawing object properly. You may also adjust the width of the object.

To access another instrument in your script, you will need to add that instrument in the "Additional Data" tab. You can then specify that series as the input for your Order Flow indicator.

Please see here for more info on multi-time frame and instrument scripts:

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I turned on auto scale in the strategy using strategy builder and it had no impact also I didn't see a way to adjust the width of an object in strategy builder. Is there an example?

Do you have an example of how to reference the OFA chart data in the additional data screen. The only data I can reference are - time, vol, tick range etc.formats and it is not clear to me how to use the customize section if that is what you are referring to.
      Thank you

Comment

Hello yngtrader,

Thanks for the reply.

Some tools will not have a width property, like the diamond, for example. What drawing object are you trying to draw here?

You will need to add a 1 tick series to your strategy in the Additional Data tab to use the Order Flow+ indicators in your strategy. Please see the screenshot below:

I look forward to your reply.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        1 response