Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OnExecution OrderState

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OnExecution OrderState

Hello,

I am testing scriptstrategies with playback connection. I have the output window, the controlcenter and the code in onexecution in one screenshot. One can see in Orderstab that the entryOrderLd1a is filled. In OnExecution I have the PrintStatement to check in output window. But output window doesn´t show the execution. Also my variables are not calculated.
    The entry is done with entryOrderLd1a=EnterLongLimit(4,true,1,GetCurrentA sk(), "Ld1a");

Might be the reason that entry is with BIP4 and not BIP0? If so, what has to be changed in Onexecution so that it is woking also for calculating the variables?

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hi tonynt, thanks for your note.

The order should still show up in OnExecutionUpdate. To make sure you have the right Order handle you must use the "Name" of the execution, this will match up with the signal name that you give your order. See here for an example that handles orders in this way and replicate this:

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

yes, of course, therefore I have in one screenshot to see that I use the "entryOrderLd1a" in the code and this is executed but doesnt show up in output window.
      What is wrong there please? As it is the same here to see in the screenshot I ask if the different dataseries might be the reason (or the order handling in playback? - state realtime?)

Now, after hours of testing to find the reason I move from playback to simulated datafeed and all is working as it should.
      I wrote "...with playback connection..." and you reply me simply with posting the link above.

Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 02-16-2020, 03:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi tonynt, thanks for your reply.

I would not expect any behavior to be different between playback and a live data feed behavior, If there is then it would be a bug we would need to look into. If you could make a reduced script that demonstrates an issue I would be happy to test it out.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

it would be easier and better to do a teamviewer session and I show you. Today February 17th would be a good date because of Holidays on exchange.

Let me know what time is OK for you. Give me 2 times and I will confirm one and send you my teamviewer ID then.

Best regards
          Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM