Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volumetric script access filter size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric script access filter size

Hello,
    I want to ask please how one can use the added volumetric dataseries in a script script same as it is possible with orderflowcumulativedelta with filtersize! I can work with bids and asks of volumetric and also with delta of the bars but I didnt find how to add/use volumetric with sizefilter.

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thanks for your post.

The only filter on the Volumetric bars relates to the display and would not be available for a script loaded bars.

You can implement your own filter by checking the returned values you are looking at compared to a filter size/variable you create for this purpose.

For example:

if (barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].CumulativeDelta > myFilter ) // myFilter would be a variable used to set a filter size
    {
    Print("Cumulative delta (bar): " + barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].CumulativeDelta);
    }
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply. Yes, this is clear, but the sizefilter in volumetric dataseries is referring to the ticks/trades and not to the cumulativeDelta of bar. Right? This is what I mean, to use in the script the volumetric with eg sizefilter 10.

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

hello tonynt,

Thanks for your reply.

I looked at the wrong information, you can specify the filter size when you use AddVolumetric(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...volumetric.htm Specifically this overload: AddVolumetric(string instrumentName, Data.BarsPeriodType baseBarsPeriodType, int baseBarsPeriodTypeValue, Data.VolumetricDeltaType deltaType, int tickPerLevel, int sizeFilter, string tradingHoursName, bool? isResetOnNewTradingDay)
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 02:09 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
        1 response
        0 likes