Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Speedy trading services question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedy trading services question

I am thinking of taking a monthly plan with speedy hosting services now I have my strategy ready to go, however I'm not really sure what package I need. The only differences is the number of xeon cores and the ram, but why is this important for running an automated strategy? Isn't ping time the most important factor?

Thank you.

Hello matty89,

Thank you for your post.

While we can't give any specific recommendation as to which to choose, something to think about is how complex your strategy is. Does it utilize a number of different indicators and multiple data series, or is it more simple and just run on a single data series? Does it run on bar close, on price change, or on each tick? Does it draw a lot of Drawing Objects on the chart? The more complex it is, the more additional cores/ram may help with performance - but it really depends on what all you're trying to run.

Perhaps one of our users here on the forums could give their insight.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello matty89,

Thank you for your post.

While we can't give any specific recommendation as to which to choose, something to think about is how complex your strategy is. Does it utilize a number of different indicators and multiple data series, or is it more simple and just run on a single data series? Does it run on bar close, on price change, or on each tick? Does it draw a lot of Drawing Objects on the chart? The more complex it is, the more additional cores/ram may help with performance - but it really depends on what all you're trying to run.

Perhaps one of our users here on the forums could give their insight.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      It uses just 1 indicator and works on bar close. It doesn't seem too computationally demanding, I'll probably just go with the medium option.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey