Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trigger ATM strategy at price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger ATM strategy at price?

Hi everyone. Is it possible to trigger an ATM strategy buy or sell at market at a specified price level?

Hello drwbns,

Thank you for the question.

Yes that is possible, the platform comes with a sample NinjaScript strategy called SampleATMStrategy. That is the requirement for working with ATM's all the way through the ATM's lifecycle. You can also read about that in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

I believe an important note to provide that is commonly overlooked is that the ATM methods are not able to be combined with the Managed or Unmanaged methods: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...er_methods.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse. Thank you for that. I found what I was looking for which is buy or sell at a limit or stop limit when right clicking on the chart with chart trader active and my strategy selected. I am not sure why my strategy wasnt being placed before. My next question is: is it possible to have a hotkey to buy or sell a limit or stop limit depending on if the cursor is above or below the price? Also, is it possible to place multiple buy or sell at a limit or stop limit using multiple strategies? It appears that ninja trader will not allow placing multiple independent strategies.

Comment

Hello drwbns,

At this time you cannot do at the cursor location but you can setup hotkeys for offsets based on the ask/bid. That would be in the control center Tools -> Hotkeys menu. You can choose a limit type order and some other options in there for the order types. That works with the selected ATM strategy for submission. This also requires checking the option Tools -> Options -> trading -> use order entry hotkeys.

For multiple strategies you could change the atm selection mode, in the chart trader right click -> properties and set the atm selection mode to keep selected atm template on order submission. Then you can keep using the hotkey to submit more orders with the same template selected. Normally the chart tracks the active ATM, you would now need to select that from the dropdown if you want to have it selected.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes