Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding to existing position after using AtmStrategyCreate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding to existing position after using AtmStrategyCreate

Hello,

Could I have a pointer in the right direction please?

I've created a strategy that uses AtmStrategyCreate to make an initial entry. I now want to add to this position, using the same strategy. In the DOM, chart trader, etc., I can do this easily. I think I can see how it might work, but could not find an example. In any case, I'd appreciate it is someone could point me in the direction of the correct way to do this via a coded strategy.

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for opening the thread.

Atm strategies will use the quantity that is specified in the Atm strategy template. Atm strategies are also treated as manually submitted orders and are handled differently than automated orders from NinjaScript strategies.

Atm strategies that are submitted from Chart Trader or the SuperDOM can have their quantity overridden by that tool's Quantity Up/Down selector and can also allow for Atm strategies to be scaled into.

Atm strategies that are submitted from a NinjaScript strategy are simply initiated and there would not be a supported way to scale into an active Atm strategy. To meet your goal, you could initiate a new instance of an Atm strategy, or you may wish to try scaling in by modifying the account position and modifying the Atm Strategy orders using AddOn code.

Taking an approach with AddOn code to modify Atm strategy positions and orders begins to escape the scope of support we may offer, however, I will include links to sections of our help guide which outline looping through orders in the Account.Orders collection, and how to submit and change orders from an AddOn.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Tim-c
    by Tim-c

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM