Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Strategy with Audio Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Strategy with Audio Alert

Hello,

I have started using the Ninjatrader 8 Strategy Builder and the Strategy Analyzer. I do not get any error messages when using the Strategy Builder and can run the strategies that I create in the Strategy Analyzer.

But when I load my strategy on a chart and test it out, sometimes it works, but most of the time it does not.

Note, the strategy I am referring to was created to activate an audio alert, when a certain condition was met.

My question is...

Does the Ninjatrader Strategy Builder strategies that I create need to be compiled or unlocked before using them on a chart?

Hello i2w8am9ii2,
    Thanks for your post.

You do not typically need to unlock strategies for them to be operational. Please answer a few questions for me.
    1. Is this a multi time frame or instrument strategy?
    2. Do you get an error on the 'Logs' tab whenever the strategy fails to run?
    3. On the 'Strategies' tab do you see that the strategy is becoming disabled? What color is the strategy(on the Strategies tab) when you enable it and it fails to trigger the Alert?
    4. Are you confirming the condition is becoming true with Print() statements?
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been creating two different types of strategies in the Strategy Builder. Most of the strategies that I have created place a trade with a pre-defined stop-loss and profit target; they work fine when I test them in the Strategy Analyzer. Trades are executed and I am able to see the stats for the trade when the analysis has concluded. I have not added any of those strategies to a chart.

The other type of strategy that I have built is a simple strategy that will play an audio file when a certain condition is met.

Screenshot attached.

1. I only place it onto a 35 Tick chart that I use. I did not add any other time-frames to the strategy (but I also did not specify that the time-frame was to be a 35 Tick chart time-frame).

2. I did not look for or notice any log errors. I just did a 'find' search on my log tab now, but I did not test the strategy today and I am in Playback mode at this time while checking the log tab.

3. On the Strategies tab, I see an 'Enabled' checkbox that is not checked. Screenshot attached.

4. I do not know how to code, so I do not do anything with Print() statements.

Screenshots attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Josh,

The Strategy just worked for me. I checked the 'Enabled' checkbox then tested it out in Replay mode.

I did not even realize there was a Strategies tab or an 'Enabled' checkbox.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post martin70  
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes