Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

File XML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File XML

Hello, I have the XML file of a strategy template that I have created, but I have lost the Ninjatrader file, because I had to reinstall Ninjatrader due to problems on my computer. How can I retrieve my strategy, from the XML file?

Hello soyjesus,

Thanks for your message.

NinjaScript strategy templates are stored in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Strategy\ folder. Please check this folder to see if there are any existing templates there. If there are not any templates, then I would suggest checking a backup, or possibly an older NinjaTrader 8 folder in the Documents folder if you have renamed the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder while performing the uninstall and reinstall process.

Creating a backup can be helpful in case you need to recover from a situation like this. Information on creating and loading backups is included below.

Backup/Restore - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...p__restore.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. I understand you, buy I dont' have any backup. Is there any way to recreate the original strategy from the XML file? I don't have any problem to do ir manually.

Comment

Hello soyjesus,

NinjaScript Strategy templates will only include the parameters used to set up that strategy and the original script cannot be created from the parameters alone. You could try checking the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\strategyanalyzerlogs\ folder to see if there is a .CS file for that strategy that can help to recover it. The CS file would exist there if you have backtested the strategy with the Strategy Analyzer.

If that CS file is not found there and it is in not in your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Strategies\ folder, and it is not in a backup, you may need to rebuild it.

If you are referring to Atm strategies instead of NinjaScript strategies, these would be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\AtmStrategy folder. Atm Strategy templates contain everything needed for the Atm strategy and would just need to be included in that folder.

We look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I put the the .xml files of the strategy templated in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Strategy\ folder. But all of them disappear as soon as I start the NT8.

Thanks,

-Vijay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses