Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Limit Orders issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit Orders issue

First of all thank you to all the MODS that constantly assist us to fix our issues. I have a simple strategy that has 1 condition for entry and one condition or exit. By default it works great when using market orders but when I use try to hardcode limit orders at current bid or ask, it compiles correcty but when I activate it on a chart none of the orders show on screen.

I spent a couple of hours reading strategy builder tutorial video and page on this site but no success. Can any mods how me how to accomplish my task? I am want is a quick tutorial for adding limit orders on unlocked code.

Hi Teebone21, thanks for your note.

We have examples here that demonstrate more advanced order management techniques:

I also attached an example that performs a break even order submission in the strategy builder.

If you have a strategy that does nothing when you start it, the first place to look for errors will be the Log tab of the Control Center and also testing the strategy with Trace Orders enabled.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi Teebone21, thanks for your note.

We have examples here that demonstrate more advanced order management techniques:

I also attached an example that performs a break even order submission in the strategy builder.

If you have a strategy that does nothing when you start it, the first place to look for errors will be the Log tab of the Control Center and also testing the strategy with Trace Orders enabled.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Thank you Sir I am reviewing now

Comment

DIdnt know a simple Limit at current bid/ask would be so complicated lol

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred