Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I am looking to subscribe or buy a new NT8 Strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to subscribe or buy a new NT8 Strategy?

Dear Friends,

I am interested in subscribing or buying a new NT8 strategy to trade ETF's and FUTURES on a daily time frame. Ideally I would like to buy a strategy with direct access to the source code so I can backtest the strategy. I understand that only a few programmers are willing to sell the source code to their strategy. However if any of you subscribe to an effective blackbox NT8 strategy, please let me kn
    ow. I am looking for suggestions and recommendations.

If any of you know of any books with an effective simple strategy, it would be most appreciated. I might be able to program the strategy myself.

Thanks!

Hello Xyphus,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

There are a number of third-party vendors through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem that sell custom trading strategies. You can search third-party trading strategies at the following link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:All of these vendors are separate companies from NinjaTrader. You can contact these vendors directly for more information about their products and if they have a subscription option would allow you to access the source code.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyphus View Post
      Dear Friends,

I am interested in subscribing or buying a new NT8 strategy to trade ETF's and FUTURES on a daily time frame. Ideally I would like to buy a strategy with direct access to the source code so I can backtest the strategy. I understand that only a few programmers are willing to sell the source code to their strategy. However if any of you subscribe to an effective blackbox NT8 strategy, please let me kn
      ow. I am looking for suggestions and recommendations.

If any of you know of any books with an effective simple strategy, it would be most appreciated. I might be able to program the strategy myself.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

You can search our list of vendors through the link below. Simply enter a vendor name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your vendor of choice, please visit each vendor's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

You can locate the contact information for the vendors on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these vendors are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the vendor.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Xyphus,

If you have interest in programming your own NinjaScript strategies, please see the educational information below.

NinjaScript strategy general information

Simple NinjaScript strategies can be built using the Strategy Builder and more complex and robust strategies can be written by hand.

Please see the Strategy Builder 301 and NinjaScript Editor 401 courses to get acquainted with NinjaScript strategies. These videos are publicly available.

Strategy Builder 301 — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt90GAs9k

NinjaScript Editor 401 — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0W4ECyVdc

The Managed Approach documentation explains how Strategy Builder and Managed NinjaScript strategies can be written.

Managed Approach — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

NinjaScript strategies are then deployed against one account. The strategy processes historical data to identify past trade signals and to develop the strategy position. This is separate from the Account's Position. The calculated orders from historical data and the strategy position are then used by the Start Behavior to configure how the strategy should handle this position when the strategy is first enabled.

WaitUntilFlat waits until the calculated position is closed so the strategy only starts trading when it sees itself in a flat position.

ImmediatelySubmit will allow the strategy to submit historically calculated orders immediately when the strategy is enabled. This would be used when we know where the strategy position is when we enable the strategy, and is used particularly for re-enabling strategies so they can resume positions and orders.

Sync Account is additional option that has the strategy submit an additional order to sync the strategy position to the account position. This should not be confused with syncing the strategy position to the account position.

It is important to understand the Start Behaviors and their relation to the Strategy and Account Position. Please see below for more details.

Strategy vs. Account Position — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm

Start Behaviors — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

When writing more robust strategies in the NinjaScript Editor, please refer to our Educational materials and Reference Samples.

Educational Materials — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm

Reference Samples — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ce_samples.htm

We will also leave this thread open for community members to share their feedback.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade  
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes