Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Demo Trading TD Ameritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Trading TD Ameritrade

I'm running on the sim platform/account with TD Ameritrade as the data. My strategy backtests fine on historic data but testing live doesn't generate any trades. Why is this?

Hello Kentoes,

Thank you for the post.

I couldn't really say what may be happening without more specific details of the situation.

Is the strategy enabled and green in the control center?

Are any errors or warnings being logged?

What have you otherwise done to debug the situation at this point?

If the strategy is green and enabled you would likely need to use some Prints in the script to identify what is happening in the logic. If one of the conditions is not true or if something else is happening that should help highlight the problem to know how to proceed.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Green in the control center. No errors. The Output screen and the log say:
      Code:
      Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'JOBBO/198208632' : On starting a real-time strategy - StartBehavior=WaitUntilFlat EntryHandling=All entries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=By strategy position ErrorHandling=Stop strategy, cancel orders, close positions ExitOnSessionClose=False SetOrderQuantityBy=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=Recalculate DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntriesOnStrategyDisable=False CancelExitsOnStrategyDisable=False Calculate=On bar close IsUnmanaged=False MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
      None of my print screen statements are showing like they do when I run historical back tests.

My strategy runs on 15 min. charts but also references daily bars series. The chart data series has 2 days to load and the strategy has 20 bars required to trade. I suspect the problem might lie here.

Comment

Hello Kentoes,

Thank you for the update.

I suspect you are correct, as a test you could try using 30 days to load on the chart and see if that makes it work. If that is the case and you want to load less data you can set the bars required for both indicators and strategies by using BarsRequiredToTrade and BarsRequiredToPlot.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes