Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple dataseries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple dataseries

hello,

is there a rule regarding if primary data series has to be greater/less than the secondary data series?

example 1) say my primary is 1 minute and secondary is daily. I am evaluating market on daily and then executing on 1 minute;

my output is:

daily value from close of 8/13/2018;0.72738;8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM
    daily value from close of 8/13/2018;0.72725;8/14/2018 1:00:00 AM
    daily value from close of 8/13/2018;0.72703;8/14/2018 2:00:00 AM
    daily value from close of 8/13/2018;0.72695;8/14/2018 3:00:00 AM

vs

example 2) say my primary is daily and secondary is 1 minute. i am evaluating market on daily an

my output is:

78.19;0.74032;7/30/2018 5:00:00 PM
    73.82;0.7425;7/31/2018 5:00:00 PM
    76.44;0.74039;8/1/2018 5:00:00 PM
    81.38;0.7361;8/2/2018 5:00:00 PM
    81.63;0.73951;8/3/2018 5:00:00 PM

my question is: what is the best practice for adding data series with multiple timeframes. should primary be greater than secondary?

i guess the pros of having primary greaters than secondary are:

if i can add tick level secondary data series, i won't have to manually change the code and i can just change the period for primary in strategy analyzer and it would find the appropriate value for the timeframe on my secondary..

Comment

Originally posted by calhawk01 View Post
      i guess the pros of having primary greaters than secondary are:

if i can add tick level secondary data series, i won't have to manually change the code and i can just change the period for primary in strategy analyzer and it would find the appropriate value for the timeframe on my secondary..
      another question:

say i

1) load 1 min data for secondary
      2) add a plot based off secondary data series as an indicator in State.Dataload

then

3) run strategy analyzer 60 min on primary bar

how can i make sure the indicator plots are based off 60 minute marks? as of right now.. it's plotting based on 1 minute but executing based on 60 minute. my exeuctions are correct but plot is misaligned with time

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your note.

There would be no advantage to one series being a primary and another as a secondary and vis versa, assuming you’ve considered this in your logic.

If you wanted your plot to show in the strategy analyzer chart based off a series other than the primary, you could set the value of the plot in OnBarUpdate. Using AddChartIndicator will not work as detailed in the third note at the following page.

I have attached a sample indicator which will correctly plot a SMA on the strategy analyzer chart, which is based off the secondary series added.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your note.

There would be no advantage to one series being a primary and another as a secondary and vis versa, assuming you’ve considered this in your logic.

If you wanted your plot to show in the strategy analyzer chart based off a series other than the primary, you could set the value of the plot in OnBarUpdate. Using AddChartIndicator will not work as detailed in the third note at the following page.

I have attached a sample indicator which will correctly plot a SMA on the strategy analyzer chart, which is based off the secondary series added.

yea i had seen this method on the forum. thanks for posting it.

unfortunately, it plots the variable as a overlay on the chart. i wanted it on the panel. i'm fiddling around with another example where you have to create an external indicator that can plot in a different panel..

Comment

Hello calhawk01,

Plotting in a separate panel in the Strategy Analyzer is not supported however I will add your vote to this feature request.

Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
              Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for your note.

There would be no advantage to one series being a primary and another as a secondary and vis versa, assuming youve considered this in your logic.

Hello, How can the stairstep plotting of the indicator be avoided?

BobPerez

Comment

Hello BobPerez,

The stair stepping are the actual values. Since the secondary instrument does not update as often, there are bars on the primary series that have the same value as the previous bar.

I am not aware of a way to avoid this when using plots.

You could try custom rendering your own plot line in OnRender() if you want to render a line that is different from the actual values provided to the plot.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This may be a duplicate of https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...frame-strategy
                  Bruce DeVault
                  QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                  Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM