Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom data

hello

I have a particular set of data that I am uploading into NT8 using NT8 import methods. The data is always updated on a t+1 basis. Meaning, at the close of each day, I update the data with the closing value for this data series.

The strategy uses this data as COBC, therefore, I can always update this data when market closes briefly and the next trading day has my previous closing value so it continues to trade.

my problem: when I connect to a live data series, specifically, IB, i get an error when I enable this strategy and it says... this particular symbol is not mapped correctly and that I should fix the mapping. I don't want IB to look for this symbol. how can i do this?

*note: this is custom data and it's not really a "real symbol." i'm just choosing to import the data into NT via import methods. I can also feed nt8 data live data using an excel to nt live connection but that requires me to have excel open 24/7 and I don't want to do that..

*note2: this only happens if I connect with IB. If I connect with forex.com; I do not get any error.
    Last edited by staycool3_a; 08-29-2018, 07:40 PM.

Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for writing in.

From within the strategy are you calling this symbol with AddDataSeries?

If so, if you go to Tools>Instrument Manager and search for that symbol, click Edit, then go down under Symbol Map and remove the symbol for IB, do you avoid the issue?

There are other options for pulling data into NT, you could see the following example where rather than importing data via NT Historical Data Manager, I parse the data from a file into a series and use that within the indicator.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello calhawk01,

Thank you for writing in.

From within the strategy are you calling this symbol with AddDataSeries?

If so, if you go to Tools>Instrument Manager and search for that symbol, click Edit, then go down under Symbol Map and remove the symbol for IB, do you avoid the issue?

There are other options for pulling data into NT, you could see the following example where rather than importing data via NT Historical Data Manager, I parse the data from a file into a series and use that within the indicator.

I look forward to your reply.
      Removing all mapping to IB fixed the issue. But just so you know; before I uploaded this data, I created a symbol for it as a forex instrument. And made sure that there were no mapping except a mapping to the simulator.

After I uploaded the symbol, NT magically created a "stock" instrument for my symbol. As a result, it had a forex and a stock instrument. forex was user created. stock was automatically created.

In your guide it says, "if a instrument does not have a instrument mapping, and it's uploaded" then NT automatically creates a stock reference. This was not the case. Not sure why NT is automatically creating a stock reference.

But it's OK.. i fixed it

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
      1 response