Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Confused - Syncing Account Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused - Syncing Account Positions

Hi,

I went through this many times, and I tested all different options and I am not getting what I want.

NT crashed on me many times and when I restart, it doesn't recognize previous account positions generated by strategy.

All I want is have my strategy continue where it was left i.e. if account positon was 1 before crashing, account and strategy position would 1 and 1, and SYNC = true.

I don't want NT to close previous positions, nor open a newer one, so I end up with 2L.

Is there a way to achieve this?

I have "keep running" in >> option >> startegies >> connection loss.

Hello YakusaTrader,

Thank you for your note.

If you did not want NinjaTrader to close previous position upon an error you could set RealtimeErrorHandling to IgnoreAllErrors rather than Stopcancelclose.

See,

How the strategy performs on startup would depend on your Start Behavior, please see,

Regarding the crash, please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and attach the log and trace files for the day in subject which you can find in My Documents>NinjaTrader8>Log and My Documents>NinjaTrader8/Trace folders.

I look forward to your email.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It actually crashes because I overload it, I use the analyzer at the same time as active strategies.

I do have IgnoreAllErrors, and Immediately submit. I also have "keep running" for connection loss.
      My order action, order type, quantity, limit price, and stop price are identical.

Unfortunately it ignores the already opened position in the account, and it opens new ones based on strategy position. At the end, I have 2L, and sync = false

If I close NT, is there a way to open it, then enable strategy then continue as it was left prior to closing NT?

Comment

Hello YakusaTrader,

Yes it is possible.

Please see the following post,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes